By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 preorder update...

kn said:
twesterm said:

It's funny how everyone has a no BS manager or is on the inside with that rebellious employee when they're all just making stuff up, BS'ing you, and/or just trying to make you feel like you're part of the inside. It's kind of funny actually.

You know what?  I usually don't mind your posts though they tend to rub some people the wrong way, but this one irritates me to no end.  Let me share something with you:  Most of the gamestop employees and managers I have met are clueless fanboys that rave about one system or the other and generally just want to feel important.  This particular manager very recently joined EB games from a completely unrelated large retail chain and has been in the retail business for about 10 years.  This particular employee has a kid with a Nintendo DS.  That's it.  This person is truly a no BS, no axe to grind person that tells it like it is and joined the company for the management position and not for video games and to cheerlead from the sidelines.  I know it's hard for you to believe, but I can tell the difference between bullshit and a genuine person.  Most GS/EB games employees are bullshitters because they somehow feel they are a gaming god due to their status as an employee.  This one isn't.  Case closed.

i have to agree, Twestern watch your comments sometimes, youve pissed of alot of people (including me)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I barely post on here, just more of a reader and predictions league guy for fun, and Twestern's comments made me want to punch him. It just sounds like he is the kid in the class that thinks he has the answer for everything. On another note my gamespot here in Grand Forks, ND said they have 800 pre-ordered. Keep in mind this is a town of about 30,000, but the bigger town in the area. The launch for halo 2 had a line of about 500 people waiting.

glad to see other people agree that twestern is a douche

dgm6780 said:
glad to see other people agree that twestern is a douche

Rofl we could start a whole thread on this O.O

lol i dont dislike him that much.... but it would  be funny

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

kn said:
twesterm said:

It's funny how everyone has a no BS manager or is on the inside with that rebellious employee when they're all just making stuff up, BS'ing you, and/or just trying to make you feel like you're part of the inside. It's kind of funny actually.

You know what? I usually don't mind your posts though they tend to rub some people the wrong way, but this one irritates me to no end. Let me share something with you: Most of the gamestop employees and managers I have met are clueless fanboys that rave about one system or the other and generally just want to feel important. This particular manager very recently joined EB games from a completely unrelated large retail chain and has been in the retail business for about 10 years. This particular employee has a kid with a Nintendo DS. That's it. This person is truly a no BS, no axe to grind person that tells it like it is and joined the company for the management position and not for video games and to cheerlead from the sidelines. I know it's hard for you to believe, but I can tell the difference between bullshit and a genuine person. Most GS/EB games employees are bullshitters because they somehow feel they are a gaming god due to their status as an employee. This one isn't. Case closed.

So you're basically agreeing with me that Gamestop managers are dicks but getting pissed off that yours is different? I'm sure if you would have bothered to count to five and read a little further down I did mention that there are some nice manager out there who aren't complete douche's.

Lost tears of Kain said:
kn said:

i have to agree, Twestern watch your comments sometimes, youve pissed of alot of people (including me)

Or you'll...? If I was trolling or outright flaming people, sure, then I should watch myself, otherwise, meh. If you don't like it, don't read it (see that-- I was being nice and didn't tell you to piss off).

Around the Network

I sespect that a lot of the pre-orders will be the games sales. In other words, game has 600K preorders, 1million sales (just an example).

twesterm said:
kn said:
twesterm said:

You know what? I usually don't mind your posts though they tend to rub some people the wrong way, but this one irritates me to no end. Let me share something with you: Most of the gamestop employees and managers I have met are clueless fanboys that rave about one system or the other and generally just want to feel important. This particular manager very recently joined EB games from a completely unrelated large retail chain and has been in the retail business for about 10 years. This particular employee has a kid with a Nintendo DS. That's it. This person is truly a no BS, no axe to grind person that tells it like it is and joined the company for the management position and not for video games and to cheerlead from the sidelines. I know it's hard for you to believe, but I can tell the difference between bullshit and a genuine person. Most GS/EB games employees are bullshitters because they somehow feel they are a gaming god due to their status as an employee. This one isn't. Case closed.

So you're basically agreeing with me that Gamestop managers are dicks but getting pissed off that yours is different? I'm sure if you would have bothered to count to five and read a little further down I did mention that there are some nice manager out there who aren't complete douche's.

Lost tears of Kain said:
kn said:

Or you'll...? If I was trolling or outright flaming people, sure, then I should watch myself, otherwise, meh. If you don't like it, don't read it (see that-- I was being nice and didn't tell you to piss off).

Again being rebellious, just to prove you can be. All im saying is watch it, you are pissing people off. Maybe in your little mind your not pissing people off, but when you comment saying "haha thats funny comment, thanks for the laugh today" really deals blows to how you perceive their intelligience. But whatever, im sick of just trying to give you advice.

Ya thats quite the nice comment, telling me you dont give a shit people can deal with you, yep your real nice

twesterm said:
kn said:
twesterm said:

Lost tears of Kain said:
kn said:

I read your post, twesterm.  You were trolling, period.  Your post was a sweeping generalization about gamestop managers and a direct retort to my post.  You said "it's funny how EVERYONE...".  Trolling -- nothing more, nothing less.  Yep, you did say there were maybe some no bs managers out there but then you proceed to say what this just isn't possible and basically say they are all liars.  Read into it what you want but I think the majority of the people who read my post and your follow-on response see it as nothing more than trolling.

If you actually believe your post wasn't a direct flame directed at me personally, maybe you should reread your post. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Sent you a private message kn, no need to continue this here.

What was halo 2?
1.5 million pre-orders and 2.5 mill sold first day?