By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Why are threads like these allowed to exist? They are pure flame-bait, and, unsurprisingly, that's all that makes up their content.

It'd be nice to browse the forums without dealing with this nonsense.

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
FinalEvangelion said:
reptile168 said:
I certainly think it's the best thing to happen to videogame industry that Sony is last place. They deserve it all the way. From being arrogant, to repeatedly break promises or create false publicity, they need to realize that people are smarter than this. The worst part is Sony used one of their best division to win a format war. That, in itself, is a huge sin for all true gamers out there, though thankfully for Sony, some gamers were assimilated by Sony's marketing team.

What is the bigger sin/crime?  upgrading a storage technology (there is always whining no matter what when this happens - floppies, CDs, DVDs, etc), or placing an unready product in consumers' hands to get ahead of competition. 

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Some of these folks like to say that Sony is worse for "breaking promises" -- as if, since MS never promised not to have RRoD, that makes it more ok.

Microsoft is also arrogant (and Nintendo invented it).

Microsoft also uses false publicity. 

Microsoft's marketing team was more active early this gen, especially online.

As far as PR goes, Nintendo seems to be the cleanest of all the BS.  Compared to Yamauchi, Iwata is very respectable.  While I don't like what the Wii has to offer in gaming this gen compared to the other two consoles, I have come to really respect their marketing and PR.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
FinalEvangelion said:
reptile168 said:
I certainly think it's the best thing to happen to videogame industry that Sony is last place. They deserve it all the way. From being arrogant, to repeatedly break promises or create false publicity, they need to realize that people are smarter than this. The worst part is Sony used one of their best division to win a format war. That, in itself, is a huge sin for all true gamers out there, though thankfully for Sony, some gamers were assimilated by Sony's marketing team.

What is the bigger sin/crime?  upgrading a storage technology (there is always whining no matter what when this happens - floppies, CDs, DVDs, etc), or placing an unready product in consumers' hands to get ahead of competition. 

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Some of these folks like to say that Sony is worse for "breaking promises" -- as if, since MS never promised not to have RRoD, that makes it more ok.

Microsoft is also arrogant (and Nintendo invented it).

Microsoft also uses false publicity. 

Microsoft's marketing team was more active early this gen, especially online.

Why don't the mods ban these obvious alt accounts?

xbox stopped selling with 25 million consoles sold, playstation sold 100 million I guess so playstation is still ahead , dream on babe :D

Keep dreaming!
And living in the past, if you will!

We're talking about 360, which is the current generation!

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler

Around the Network

Hmmm this thread is not goina end well...

This guy seems to like to make flame bait topics . Honestly I think they all suck, this generation so far has been horrible in my opinion on all three consoles. None of them have brought anything like the previous generations have. All we get from it is increased online multiplayer (which now can merit a bad score on a review if games do not include it) on consoles, which pc gamers have been privy of for years.

The games are dumbed down. (theres a few gems) the developers continue to nickel and dime by releasing DLC's that in a lot of cases should have already been included on the disc, which also lets developers release a buggy product with an "oops we messed up" patched released two weeks later.

The wii isn't helping anything, unless you are hardcore into mario and link, that or you can live with smash brothers being the only game that gets play time (seriously its all I use my wii for).

Consider me a retro gamer until this gen gets it act together.

Vanversive said:
This guy seems to like to make flame bait topics . Honestly I think they all suck, this generation so far has been horrible in my opinion on all three consoles. None of them have brought anything like the previous generations have. All we get from it is increased online multiplayer (which now can merit a bad score on a review if games do not include it) on consoles, which pc gamers have been privy of for years.

The games are dumbed down. (theres a few gems) the developers continue to nickel and dime by releasing DLC's that in a lot of cases should have already been included on the disc, which also lets developers release a buggy product with an "oops we messed up" patched released two weeks later.

The wii isn't helping anything, unless you are hardcore into mario and link, that or you can live with smash brothers being the only game that gets play time (seriously its all I use my wii for).

Pah!! what are you smoking? this gen is the best in terms of everything

Vanversive said:

I'm in agreement here.  Where are the times when a game had to be finished before it was released?  As a gamer who likes good single player experiences, I feel we are becoming in the minority - unless you live in Japan.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Vanversive said:

Second!

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler