By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Agarest Senki coming to Europe

Soul Breeding PS3 SRPG Picked Up For International Release

By Spencer . April 22, 2009 . 4:36pm

The thought of a Western company localizing and distributing Agarest Senki boggles the mind. Looks like it’s going to happen thanks in part to European bargain bin publisher Midas Interactive.

A rating for Agarest: Generations of War as a PlayStation 3 game popped up in Germany. The name definitely fits. Also, Midas Interactive worked with Idea Factory, the parent company of Compile Heart, in the past by crazily localizing Spectral vs. Generation. The fighting game’s biggest selling point is Neverland characters from Generation of Chaos and Spectral games which were never released in Europe prior to Spectral vs. Generation. Midas Interactive was brazen enough to publish that and localizing Agarest: Generations of War isn’t as weird.

Agarest: Generations of War is a generic strategy RPG that became notable or perhaps, notorious, for its Soul Breed system where you date and mate to make the next generation of heroes. The game got a 12+ rating so it might not be as dirty as it sounds or Midas Interactive cut the suggestive bits. Either way if you’ve been dying to play Agarest Senki you can get the game in Europe sometime in the future.

Link

Surprised to see this get picked up for the west, it's been out quite a while in Japan already, infact the sequel releases there soon. Seeing how strict SCEA are with localisations I'm guessing this won't see a release in NA, but with PS3 being region free at least there should be an English language version available for import.

Around the Network

Nice for Eu. Also gives NA's a chance to import if they'd like.

4 ≈ One

Soriku said:

lol. Apparently it's managing a 12+ rating. Which is pretty weird.

I don't think the sexual content is very strong, and that really isn't a problem in Germany or Europe like it is in US, it's violent games that have problems with the German ratings.

I am completely and utterly shocked.

This is crazy awesome news.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I am completely and utterly shocked.

This is crazy awesome news.

makes u wonder

WHY ON EARTH YAKUZA 3 WON'T BE LOCALIZED LOL!!!

Around the Network

Interesting..

Is the game any good?

Soriku said:

lol. Apparently it's managing a 12+ rating. Which is pretty weird.

Anyone noticing the huge EU loving this gen (although I don't think this particular series looks good)? Bah! Great for them but it sucks when NA gets screwed over.

How things have changed :(

There's nothing weird in EU support this gen. It's market as big as USA.

As for Censorship we joke that it's like that:

american censor - guns & violence - good good no problems , sex - very bad

EU censor - sex - good good no problems , guns& violence - OMG 18+

and wow look at their website - it will be first ps3 game in their offer :D

http://www.midasinteractive.com/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Xen said:
Interesting..

Is the game any good?

Famitsu:

Agarest Senki (PS3, Compile Heart): 6 / 7 / 6 / 5 - (23/40)

Famitsu is a shitty source for.. anything. I'll just watch some footage, heh.

If only game was half as good as the battle theme!

the jpn demo I had was quite fun, but really, it's a PS1 game graphics wise

I'm more interested in Tears to Tiara releasing here. (and ofcourse Yakuza3/Kenzn, WKC and Demon's Souls)