By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii owns the closet

Rpruett said:
SlumsofOhio said:
Rpruett said:
SlumsofOhio said:
Thats exactly what I do. When I'm done with my Wii, I put it away, and I hook up my PS3. My PS3 is a multimedia device, so I can surf the web, play games, watch movies and download plenty of content. The same goes for my 360. Thats why my PS3 (or 360) is always connected to my TV and internet.

And if this thread is any indication...You and I are not alone.  Nintendo fanboys might get upset at that notion,  but I don't think it's entirely that unrealistic.

Some people will never understand. The Wii and the lack of an ethernet port limits the functionality. Not to mention it has no video library, or DVD playback.

People can rag on Sony for this all they want, but I doubt they are speaking completely out of their ass.  I'm sure they've done research/surveys to see how the typical gamer plays.

If I were asked the question?  I only touch the Wii occassionally to play Smash.  I've debated on selling it because it just doesn't get played unless I'm looking for something 'different'.   I know a lot of people in the same boat with it.  It essentially gets put away in the closet more often than not. The PS3/360 gets a lot more usage.  If it's not for games, it's for movies.  If neither,  I can browse the web,  watch videos, etc.

I understand this argument because I used to put away my GameCube/N64 after I had used them (space issue in my bedroom mostly, as to set it up it had to be on my desk which is across the middle of the room from my TV)

I never put away the Wii though because I use the internet channel on it, and I used to use the voting channel which is quite interesting... but I stopped using it as much when I started collecting weekly data from the Nintendo Channel/shop channel.

Around the Network

LMAO WII IS GAY CONFIRMED!!! jk
ironically my ps2 is my only console in my closet. my wii, ps3, xbox, genesis, n64 are all still plugged in

yipee said:

ironically my ps2 is my only console in my closet. my wii, ps3, xbox, genesis, n64 are all still plugged in

I'd suggest removing the first <unquoted> sentence of your post.

Rpruett said:
Shanobi said:
Rpruett said:
llewdebkram said:

Surely all a graph like that shows is heavy users are lazy fuckers with no life. how does that translate to money spent and enjoyment?

Maybe Wii owners just have a more active and varied life.

Well if the graph shows anything....Most Wii owners are either in Daycare or Kindergarten.  LOL.      But in all seriousness,  I didn't bring up the graph or Nielsen.  I simply used it to show that all major companies (Sony included) probably has fairly reliable information in terms of the usage of different people.  This helps them better market and design their products.   I was called out and told that Nielsen knew more than Sony.    

Quite simply,  Nielsen proves what I know me and many others are experiencing.  The Wii just gets put in the closet. While the 360/PS3s get the consistent usage.

When the Wii is getting more play time than the other consoles from this gen, it kind of blows your argument out of the water.

It better get more gross play time than any other individual console.  It has what a 20 million unit lead?

I honestly don't think he really cares to look at the numbers.  Sure, he likes to reference certain numbers to support his point, but he appearantly likes to completely disregard other numbers.

It owns?

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Wii pwns the PS3.

Fixed.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Rpruett said:
Shanobi said:
Rpruett said:
llewdebkram said:

Surely all a graph like that shows is heavy users are lazy fuckers with no life. how does that translate to money spent and enjoyment?

Well if the graph shows anything....Most Wii owners are either in Daycare or Kindergarten. LOL. But in all seriousness, I didn't bring up the graph or Nielsen. I simply used it to show that all major companies (Sony included) probably has fairly reliable information in terms of the usage of different people. This helps them better market and design their products. I was called out and told that Nielsen knew more than Sony.

Quite simply, Nielsen proves what I know me and many others are experiencing. The Wii just gets put in the closet. While the 360/PS3s get the consistent usage.

When the Wii is getting more play time than the other consoles from this gen, it kind of blows your argument out of the water.

It better get more gross play time than any other individual console. It has what a 20 million unit lead?

People with a wii actually have a life and don't sit on their fat asses everyday playing video games

^ This is no serious argument, but yours is even dumber and if your argument would actually mean something then I would have used that as a counter argument.

Anyway you have no real proof that ps3 gets played more or do you have info of all the wii and ps3 owners? ;)

And it leads 30M over sony's ps3 btw. Just accept that Sony is last this gen and that ps3 has failed for Sony.

sakicfan84 said:
Rpruett said:
Shanobi said:
Rpruett said:
llewdebkram said:

Well if the graph shows anything....Most Wii owners are either in Daycare or Kindergarten. LOL. But in all seriousness, I didn't bring up the graph or Nielsen. I simply used it to show that all major companies (Sony included) probably has fairly reliable information in terms of the usage of different people. This helps them better market and design their products. I was called out and told that Nielsen knew more than Sony.

Quite simply, Nielsen proves what I know me and many others are experiencing. The Wii just gets put in the closet. While the 360/PS3s get the consistent usage.

It better get more gross play time than any other individual console. It has what a 20 million unit lead?

I honestly don't think he really cares to look at the numbers. Sure, he likes to reference certain numbers to support his point, but he appearantly likes to completely disregard other numbers.

Reminds me of Sony.

then i pull out my gunnnn!!!!!

Samus Aran said:
Rpruett said:
Shanobi said:
Rpruett said:
llewdebkram said:

People with a wii actually have a life and don't sit on their fat asses everyday playing video games

^ This is no serious argument, but yours is even dumber and if your argument would actually mean something then I would have used that as a counter argument.

Anyway you have no real proof that ps3 gets played more or do you have info of all the wii and ps3 owners? ;)

And it leads 30M over sony's ps3 btw. Just accept that Sony is last this gen and that ps3 has failed for Sony.

Now that's a good one.  People with a Wii have a life.  LOL.  That really 'suits' your argument.   You sure are scoring points in your favor with that one. 

Why is my argument even dumber?  Do you even know what I am saying?

Sony said the Wii owns the closet.  They said this because (In my opinion) the Wii is owned by many but not used as much as the 360/PS3 by the average user.  I said that in my personal experiences this has held true.  I own a Wii as do many of my friends and family and most of this group of people that I know don't play their Wii.    I said that Sony probably wasn't just pulling something out of thin air and that they put a lot of research into this, I'm sure.   

Someone else then mentioned Nielsen and his stuff.  Which furthers my point.

Please stop throwing those hurtful daggers.  Boo Hoo the PS3 is in third place in sales and the Wii is in first place in sales but no one plays it.