By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii owns the closet

bardicverse said:
@rpruett - again, the data on that chart was inaccurate. Neilsen corrected this.
http://www.edge-online.com/news/nielsen-corrects-console-usage-report

Go to your link.  Down to where it reads... "

"Nielsen corrected and reposted its report on its blog."

Then follow the link to his "corrected" and "reposted" blog.  That's where the numbers are from. 

And even if the numbers from the blog are still incorrect?  The real numbers that show whether or not the "Wii owns the closet".....would be the 'Active User %'.  Which clearly the Wii is down.

Around the Network

Surely Wii owns both PS3 and Xbox 360.

SlumsofOhio said:
bardicverse said:
@rpruett - again, the data on that chart was inaccurate. Neilsen corrected this.

How could they get the info wrong in the first place? Someone not doing their job right I guess.

Wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps an overzealous person who really doesn't like the Wii? ;) I'm sure someone got their butt handed to them on that one.

Rpruett said:
bardicverse said:

Go to your link.  Down to where it reads... "

"Nielsen corrected and reposted its report on its blog."

Then follow the link to his "corrected" and "reposted" blog.  That's where the numbers are from.

That report is great.  Here are some of the gems:

Wii Age Group : 6-11
Gamecube Age Group : 6-11

The most interesting fact I saw was:

"Females 25 years of age and older make up the largest block of PC game players
accounting for 46.2 percent of all players and 54.6 percent of all game play minutes in
December 2008."

Rpruett said:
^ Yeah, they've done so much research that they have better results ( for themselves of course) than what other proffesional companies specializing in tracking have said.

Get a grip, it has already been proven that the wii gets the most time out of all play sessions in america and if that is any indication, the world as well.

It's unbelievable that someone like you would even dare make a stament saying that you know anythiong because you know less than 50 people that do the same like you while there are more than 48 million wii owners out there. You and your actions are the minority(at least in the US), not the other way around. Get it into your head already.

Guess you should actually read that research?  LOL. The Wii better have the most gross playtime out of all consoles.  With how significant amount of a console lead it has. The numbers clearly show a direct trend that my personal experience can agree with. A lot of people own Wii's but many of which sit in their closest and collect dust.  Get it into your head already.

Directly from his article :

Stick to your day job.

Surely all a graph like that shows is heavy users are lazy fuckers with no life. how does that translate to money spent and enjoyment?

Maybe Wii owners just have a more active and varied life.

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:
Rpruett said:
^ Yeah, they've done so much research that they have better results ( for themselves of course) than what other proffesional companies specializing in tracking have said.

Get a grip, it has already been proven that the wii gets the most time out of all play sessions in america and if that is any indication, the world as well.

It's unbelievable that someone like you would even dare make a stament saying that you know anythiong because you know less than 50 people that do the same like you while there are more than 48 million wii owners out there. You and your actions are the minority(at least in the US), not the other way around. Get it into your head already.

Guess you should actually read that research?  LOL. The Wii better have the most gross playtime out of all consoles.  With how significant amount of a console lead it has. The numbers clearly show a direct trend that my personal experience can agree with. A lot of people own Wii's but many of which sit in their closest and collect dust.  Get it into your head already.

Directly from his article :

Stick to your day job.

Surely all a graph like that shows is heavy users are lazy fuckers with no life. how does that translate to money spent and enjoyment?

Don't bring that crap into this thread. And yet your posting this on an internet forum. If you can't engage in intelligent conversation here, log out, leave, and never come back.

I just realized.

They listed the console age groups for Wii and Gamecube as 6-11 but also listed them with incomes of 75k+.

How exactly... does... that work?

llewdebkram said:

Well if the graph shows anything....Most Wii owners are either in Daycare or Kindergarten.  LOL.      But in all seriousness,  I didn't bring up the graph or Nielsen.  I simply used it to show that all major companies (Sony included) probably has fairly reliable information in terms of the usage of different people.  This helps them better market and design their products.   I was called out and told that Nielsen knew more than Sony.    

Quite simply,  Nielsen proves what I know me and many others are experiencing.  The Wii just gets put in the closet. While the 360/PS3s get the consistent usage.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I just realized.

They listed the console age groups for Wii and Gamecube as 6-11 but also listed them with incomes of 75k+.

Eh, it maybe another mistake. Or, they use home owners income for that, and the users that actually play it are younger.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I just realized.

It's undoubtedly gross household income.  There must also be a differentiation in who plays the system.  Parents saying "I don't play the thing but my 8 year old son loves it."