By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Metroid or Legend of Zelda: A link to the past?

I plan to buy a SNES game and I can´t decide between both, I have never played a Metroid game and I want to try Super Metroid because I have heard is very good but I want to play Zelda too, I´m actually playing LoZ: OoT and I found it amazing so I want to try the SNES version, I only have 1200 wii points so I only can download one. Super Metroid or LoZ: AlttP?

Around the Network

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

IMO it's the best Zelda game in existence with the most interesting item set of any Zelda game.

Words Of Wisdom said:

IMO it's the best Zelda game in existence with the most interesting item set of any Zelda game.

Agreed.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I'd probably go for Super Metroid because I suck at Zelda games.

Son1x said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Agreed.

Agreed x2.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

This is a tough one. Both are great games.

Personally, I prefer Super Metroid. A Link to the Past is a longer game though, so you might feel like you were getting more for your money.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

While I think Super Metroid is also the best of the entire Metroid series. I agree with Words of Wisdom, A Link to the Past is the greatest Zelda game in exsistence.

Super Metroid. And this from someone who has Zelda as his favorite franchise, and Link to the Past as his favorite game in said franchise.

Honestly, though, you should get both. But get Super Metroid first. And next time you manage to grab some Wii points, get Link to the Past. Or the other way around. Just make sure to get both.

Zelda: LttP easily.

That was back when Zelda was at it's absolute best.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Zelda