By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We're on googles malware list!!!

It could be the fact that the site is riddled with spyware, malware and a virus if not two. I tried using I.E. to view this site a week ago when I first visited and it froze my computer and took nearly all my anti-virus software to fix the computer back to normal.

Around the Network

Yeah it is definitely the virus. I just want to ad that even Boxofficemojo.com got hit with one that effected it for several months. But Ioi you really need ot take care of that virus issue asap. Let me put it this way. It is one of the things that killed nextgenwars being on googles malware list and it will kil this site too except us regulars.

Well that is unfortunate... So the problem is from the ads? I thought we used google ads. Does that mean all sights that use google ads could get hit like this?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yikes, is it that bad? I still haven't seen any sign of these problems, but even if I did, there's nothing I can do...ioi is back and working on it though, so things will return to normal soon hopefully.

I have Vista here and actually ME at work (it's just an old computer, don't really need it for work other than email and browsing). So I guess it's just an XP thing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

My Antivir catches a virus EVERY time I go to any thread, news, game, etc.

Sucks.

Around the Network

Macbook Pro FTW. I dont have any problems with the site, it runs great, causes no problems, and I have all the pop-ups turned off, I dont get a single one.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

fazz said:
My Antivir catches a virus EVERY time I go to any thread, news, game, etc.

Sucks.

so does mine. a heuristic detection of "Shellcode.Gen"

Good thing I never come here when I'm booted into Windows....(heheh....wait....do I ever boot into Windows anymore?  It's been a while...)

I come here all the time on my college's mac computers, and I haven't seen any problems there.

stof said:
Well that is unfortunate... So the problem is from the ads? I thought we used google ads. Does that mean all sights that use google ads could get hit like this?

Basically yea I read an article about google ads being a target for malware delivery youtube also even the payoffs are big if you can manage to get an exploit running on one of them for even a few minutes. Quite ironic really that google quickly puts notices of potential malware on other sites when they are hardly clean themselves.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

1) it isn't ioi's advertisers or google. It's a hacker that keeps putting an IFrame link into the site pointing to symboliclynx, apparently a compromised server.
2) You can avoid these by doing what I said in my "Do this to protect yourself, Now!" thread.