By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We're on googles malware list!!!

I used to get pop ups ads of all sort in this website when I used to have IE 2 years ago I shifted to Firefox all that is gone.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network

He just needs to monitor the ads more and pick and choose which ads can be run here. The pop up here is insane, I always have spyware/malware running when I am on VGChartz. If the site want more credibility then the admin need to take better control on the ads that get run here.

mysticD said:
He just needs to monitor the ads more and pick and choose which ads can be run here. The pop up here is insane, I always have spyware/malware running when I am on VGChartz. If the site want more credibility then the admin need to take better control on the ads that get run here.

err we were signed with a big advertising firm..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

NJ5 said:
supermario128 said:
bardicverse said:
It also could be the huge memory leak the site causes browsers. I've verified this with both Firefox and Opera. Ive watched them both use up 99% of CPU resources JUST by having this site up.

That's pretty crazy...

It doesn't happen here with Firefox or IE, and never has as far as I remember.

It does happen in IE.  Firefox will not show this problem as long as you have certain things turned off.

Words Of Wisdom said:
NJ5 said:
supermario128 said:
bardicverse said:
It also could be the huge memory leak the site causes browsers. I've verified this with both Firefox and Opera. Ive watched them both use up 99% of CPU resources JUST by having this site up.

That's pretty crazy...

It does happen in IE.  Firefox will not show this problem as long as you have certain things turned off.

Not over here... I opened VGChartz and IE shows 0% CPU load.

It may depend on the regions though, since the ads are probably region dependent.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

the ads are region dependent, which is why I keep saying to pm ioi where you are browsing from, and what ads are on the screen.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

NJ5 said:
supermario128 said:
bardicverse said:

That's pretty crazy...

Only on my desktop running XP. My Macbook Pro with Leopard doesnt have this issue. Yet, I only get this problem when at VGChartz. I usually just quit out and restart the browser

I never ever get any popups here. Never had any either.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046