By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We're on googles malware list!!!

Yea I know its hackers this time I was just trying to point out that really no where is totally safe on the internet even more reason that people should take proactive steps to defend themselves the first being use a non IE browser any non IE browser doesn't matter if its Safari, Opera, Firefox anything as long as you aren't using the same browser as 80 percent of people out there most exploits won't include you in the hitlist. Just saying not even google ran sites are safe either the internet is unfortunately a pretty dangerous place and as there is more and more money to be made from exploits it'll only get worse. Again too thats not to say that running an alternative browser makes you invincible either its just running with better odds more than anything else. The fact I've seen this happen to countless other fan sites too does make me sympathize with Ioi its been a very unpleasant time this last few years for the admin to a fan site starting with just plain obnoxious sign up and post links everywhere scripts to boost your search engine ratings to now full out hacking of the sites code.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

Around the Network

it is ridiculous that this problem has not been sorted out sooner and it seems to be getting worse not better.
It muts be making thousands of people think twice about visiting this site, some maybe never to return.
Everything is fine using mozilla but new pc users and web users are not going to be up on that or confident enough to use it when IE is the standard most people use.
Using IE I am not only getting virus alerts now but even a couple of attempts top connect to a remote server which my firewall blocked.

Terrible, TERRRIBLE managament of a site so sort it out, I'd rather have a week of no new information whilst this is sorted out than constantly have to put up with this on ever site visit and page click!

I haven't gotten any popups due to using Firefox, but we sure as hell should be on Google's malware warning list with all the virus problems we've got.

Somebody knows how to solve all this... right?

Assuming the site itself isn't compromised, it's likely one (or more) of the advertisers.

I stopped coming here befcause of this issue and only popped in to see if it was fixed yet. I don't visit on my personal desktop, only on the Wii now. I'll check in again next week, but until this is fixed I won't be posting consistantly like I used to.

Around the Network

From the various threads I've seen the site has been hosting a trojan attack for several weeks. I guess Google has deemed the site unsafe. That's partly the reason I use adblocking software and mark nearly all javascript as untrusted.

I have no problems with this site (using Firefox) but this does seem to be a serious problem.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Yeah, Every time i visit vgcharts my Anti Vir-Program is popping up.... also, if i want to compare some consoles, sometimes its not possible, because of some kind of a virus?! .... many other have this problem, too. No idea where this come from?

Count on ioi's revenue from this pay per click stuff to drop like a rock after this. Hey ioi, I know that y'all don't usually listen to what I have to say, but check out some advertising agencies that do this pay per click kind of stuff. Google ads or whatever is not the only thing around. Peace.

Its definitely not the ads currently though it can seem like that because you can help avoid even seeing the hacker's javascript attempt to execute through blocking his iframes that he is writing into the sites code. I think for the most part its safe to browse here with proper precautions however. Visit Jman's thread to see what to block http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6903&start=0#end If using Firefox and you haven't already download the NoScript and AdBlock plugins for added safety. I'd advise only blocking the hackers iframes though as someone said in another thread its probably against agreements Ioi signed with his advertisers to even be talking about AdBlock I only mention it because it can help against this problem I try to click ads for him as I browse to help generate a bit of revenue. For anyone who does download Noscript the idea to it is in the bottom right is an S with a cross over it. You click that and you look at the list of the various javascript attempting to execute in your browser. By default all Javascript is blocked but you can allow those that you trust to always work when you return to a website. So for instance at www.google.com you'd always allow google.com scripts to execute. Then you go somewhere else and you see a script for something like ikakthghz.ru or zagaegls.hk or whatever do not by any means let those execute. The thing that is most handy about the plugin is generally when a site is compromised like now suddenly new scripts will get added to it meant to hurt you but since the plugin already blocks any new scripts it doesn't know it helps keep you safe. Thats why I and others recommend it so fiercely.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)