By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega talks sales: Yakuza 3 broke even, 7th Dragon very good, MadWorld meh

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
mjc2021 said:
Wow, they broke even and "meh" sales? I hate to admit that I actually like seeing Sega fail. Simply because I want them to make games based off their classic franchises. And I want them to not suck!

Aren't you that guy who said 99% of all games Sega makes nowadays suck? I seem to recall you saying that.

Yeah, I still say that. I should make it my sig so everyone knows.

I'm not sure what your point is though. In that post I do say they suck. Sega used to be my favorite developer now I can't even feign interest in their latest games. Although Condemned 1 and 2 are some of the best games they ever published and are pretty recent.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Yakuza 3 only broke even huh? That's... disapointing... considering everyone here thought it sold really well.

Its break even on the sale to date. They can still spend little money translating and shipping to the rest of the world and make profit of it.

If Yakuza broke even then I'm sure Valkyria Chronicles did too.

But wait, I thought HD games needed to sell multi-millions to do that? lulz

I think madworld as a $30 PS360 title would be awesome and prolly see 200k in sales atleast. yakuza desperately needs a NA/EU release.. thats a no brainer, they need to rework virtua cop/house of the dead and revive some old classics..daytona/fighting vipers would be great

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

mjc2021 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
mjc2021 said:
Wow, they broke even and "meh" sales? I hate to admit that I actually like seeing Sega fail. Simply because I want them to make games based off their classic franchises. And I want them to not suck!

Aren't you that guy who said 99% of all games Sega makes nowadays suck? I seem to recall you saying that.

Yeah, I still say that. I should make it my sig so everyone knows.

I'm not sure what your point is though. In that post I do say they suck. Sega used to be my favorite developer now I can't even feign interest in their latest games. Although Condemned 1 and 2 are some of the best games they ever published and are pretty recent.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear - My point when asking if you said a certain thing was to get an answer if you did say that certain thing or not.

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
Kasz216 said:
Yakuza 3 only broke even huh? That's... disapointing... considering everyone here thought it sold really well.

Its break even on the sale to date. They can still spend little money translating and shipping to the rest of the world and make profit of it game.

Have you seen the first two games numbers outside of Japan?

The better hope is in the game having legs.

Really it makes you wonder how much they lost on Yakuza Kenzan!.

It really depends how the legs go.  They were great on the PS2 versions.  Kenzan... not so much.

Tbone said:
They are happy with the succes of Valkyria chronicles aswell.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/04/20/valkyria-chronicles-sales-jump-in-the-us-tops-charts-in-japan/

YEAH! Valkyria chronicles 2 confirmed! VC FTW!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
If Yakuza broke even then I'm sure Valkyria Chronicles did too.

But wait, I thought HD games needed to sell multi-millions to do that? lulz

Keep in mind Yakuza already had Kenzan released... meaning they already had an engine they could use.

Kasz216 said:
Yojimbo said:
Kasz216 said:

Its break even on the sale to date. They can still spend little money translating and shipping to the rest of the world and make profit of it game.

Have you seen the first two games numbers outside of Japan?

The better hope is in the game having legs.

Really it makes you wonder how much they lost on Yakuza Kenzan!

I know that the sales outside japan are bad. But they can still make a little profit and more people like me can enjoy the game :P

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Tbone said:
They are happy with the succes of Valkyria chronicles aswell.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/04/20/valkyria-chronicles-sales-jump-in-the-us-tops-charts-in-japan/

YEAH! Valkyria chronicles 2 confirmed! VC FTW!

Yeah Sony should defenitly talk to Sega about a sequel.