By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega talks sales: Yakuza 3 broke even, 7th Dragon very good, MadWorld meh

Max King of the Wild said:
Kasz216 said:
people take these quotes to literal. i doubt they just broke even. probably something more like they are in the black for the game but nothing worth to brag about.

Kaz - kenzan was suppose to be a ps2 game so the game is mostly ps2 graphics with cut scenes being the ps3 graphics so i doubt they lost much.(if any)

taking that into consideration do you really think this game cost alot of money since they already had most of the engine?

Yakuza 3 uses the Kenzan engine.  The Kenzan engine is a PS3 engine.

Therefore the Kenzan resources from PS2 must have been scrapped.

Too Human was supposed to be a PS1 game aftearall.

wrong, go look at kenzans gameplay. total ps2 graphics. the cutscenes however are ps3's graphics

No... your wrong.  The Kenzan is the Engine used for Yakuza 3.

Did Disgaea 3 use PS2 graphics?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
people take these quotes to literal. i doubt they just broke even. probably something more like they are in the black for the game but nothing worth to brag about.

Kaz - kenzan was suppose to be a ps2 game so the game is mostly ps2 graphics with cut scenes being the ps3 graphics so i doubt they lost much.(if any)

taking that into consideration do you really think this game cost alot of money since they already had most of the engine?

Yakuza 3 uses the Kenzan engine.  The Kenzan engine is a PS3 engine.

Therefore the Kenzan resources from PS2 must have been scrapped.

Too Human was supposed to be a PS1 game aftearall.

wrong, go look at kenzans gameplay. total ps2 graphics. the cutscenes however are ps3's graphics

No... your wrong.  The Kenzan is the Engine used for Yakuza 3.

Did Disgaea 3 use PS2 graphics?

the level of detail, texturws, polish in kenzan doesnt come close to yakuza 3 get off your high horse and go watch gameplay they are different engines

and your disgeae analogy doesnt make sense because as far as i know disgeae 3 never was in development for ps2 like kenzan was

and your disgeae analogy doesnt make sense because as far as i know disgeae 3 never was in development for ps2 like kenzan was

No... they're the same engines.

"The third official entry in the Yakuza franchise (following up on PlayStation 3 after the Edo era prequel Yakuza: Kenzan!) Yakuza 3 continues the storyline following the events of Yakuza 2. The game returns to Kamiyacho, the setting of the original and the primary setting of the sequel, and features Kazuma Kiryu in the main character role once again.

Yakuza 2 added a new location to the game world, a version of Kamiyacho located in the Osaka area. In Yakuza 3, Okinawa has that role. Yakuza 3 also continues with series traditions of making use of famous actors for its voice staff and also tapping into real world brands for in-game signs and shops. The game uses the impressive Yakuza: Kenzan! engine to create a lifelike representation of the hustle and bustle of urban Japan."

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14263681.html

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341935

So... they just sucked at using the engine the first time.

Stop being a fanboy.  Lots of crappy looking games are made with the same Engine that made Gears 2.