By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your opinion of Resident Evil 5?

I think Resident evil 5 is to the RE series what Final Fantasy 11 is to the Final Fantasy series. Neither are terrible games, but they shouldn't have been big flagship main series titles, rather they should've been spin off games. Re5 with it's emphasis on Co-op, de-emphasis on atmosphere and intensity, and gobs of enemies carrying AK-47s and grenades, it doesn't feel like what a RE game traditionally is supposed to feel like. It takes a considerable detour, which in and of itself isn't bad. But I wish they were releasing an actual Resident Evil game this generation, instead of the big RE flagship title being an odd spin off game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Kyliedog - How was RE4's story not RE related? It was about the source of the virus you see in RE5 and how it got into the hands of Wesker to begin with. If we claim RE4's story was not RE related, then we'd have to say the same thing about RE5. I won't argue with whether the story was better told because that is completely prespective. As far as replay value goes, there is absolutley none in RE5 because they practically hand you unlimited ammo for every gun once you run through the game once. There is absolutley no reward in playing the game in the hardest difficulty without using unlimited ammo. The way the saves work is extremely fraud in that it lets you cheat yourself to billions of free gold. Most everything you mentioned is something that RE5 took from RE4, tried to make better, but fell short of or barely improved. I completely agree with the survival aspect because the Leon Arsenal was indeed fraud, but RE5 was not scary at all. It is still an amazing game and I'd probably even drop it a 9/10, but it does not have anything in RE4.

I agree with Kylie
RE5 is way better than RE4
Even though Sheva isnt much help(especially on pro mode)
Still a great game and Chris has grown over the years and gotten used to the whole zombie atmosphere so it isn't like he's on steroids
Not every game can be like the last cuz then ppl would be bitchin about that
But the thing i don't like is the ending with who died
Now that sucks he was a great if not the best antagonist
and another thing is the plaga
They arent zombies
The games transformed from a horror game to a shooter game really but that goes along with 4 too

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

I don't own it for a reason.

Heard nothing but good things so far from the people I know who have played it though.

I just wont buy it.

I refuse convince myself that I may possibly like anymore RE games.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I love it, especially coop play!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
^^ Learn the game before comlplaining , a lot fo your issue sare false or make no sense.

Were you talking to me?  >_>

Judging from every review I've read/seen the partner AI is just stupid, the inventory system is more frustrating than fun, and I just don't like co-op games (especially in survival horror).  I could be wrong about the partner AI and the inventory (though I'm betting I'm not), but I'm not wrong in me hating co-op and me thinking it has no place in survival horror.

In order of personal favorite:

RE4 >RE2> RE (Gamecube)> RE5> RE: CV> RE3.

And yet, I probably logged in more hours with RE5 than any of the others. Go figure.

twesterm said:
KylieDog said:
^^ Learn the game before comlplaining , a lot fo your issue sare false or make no sense.

Were you talking to me?  >_>

Judging from every review I've read/seen the partner AI is just stupid, the inventory system is more frustrating than fun, and I just don't like co-op games (especially in survival horror).  I could be wrong about the partner AI and the inventory (though I'm betting I'm not), but I'm not wrong in me hating co-op and me thinking it has no place in survival horror.

Believe me twesterm, the partner AI is atrocious... which is why I refuse to play it single player. In effect, the partner AI (doubly so on high difficulty settings) makes coop mandatory, which kinda sucks if you don't like the coop...

Fun with a co-op friend. However when using headsets with a friend (well, my friend anyways), it ruins the tension as we end up cracking jokes and making fun of the game. Hate the barrage of quick time events, normal is too easy, would prefer ammo to be more scarce (playing on hard), and generally feels uninspired. I don't know what it is, but the bolt-action sniper rifle is so satisfying to use just like in RE4. Overall not great, but good.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Awesome game.

Best multiplat game of this gen so far for me