By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your opinion of Resident Evil 5?

I haven't played co-op yet! And I still love the game. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10, but I played it way more than a lot of "better" games. I'm going to play it on the hardest difficulty tonight. Sheva never burdened me. I thought she was pretty smart.

Around the Network

@d21
haha wait until professional mode
You're gonna hate Sheva

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

As much as I like it, RE4 is better. RE5 hasn't hooked me quite as much as 4 did.

@Conflict Beast

I'll just dress her in her tribal attire. That way, whenever she pisses me off, I'll just look at her boobs!

hahaha
true true
i always got her in her tribal
clubbin is just.... scary

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"
Around the Network

how many times did chris and sheva said, " wait "?

lol.

RE5 was the reason why I bought a 360 (The 2nd non Nintendo console in my life)
RE5 is a good game, but I prefer RE4 on my Wii

To me the original impact of RE4's new engine simply cannot be attained once again until they bring out an entirely new engine. It is on this premise I will never feel that RE5 is better than RE4. They kept most of the things the same so the equation negates better acceptance to the latest, despite graphical overall etc.

RE4 plot did focus more on the president of the united states and his daughter etc, this is why Kyliedog made a point about the plot being more RE focused in pt.5

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
how many times did chris and sheva said, " wait "?

lol.

Hahahah, that reminds me.... While playing online together, my friend and I would randomly start saying all those different commands/phrases and we'd end up laughing hysterically (almost anything is funny at 3am in the morning).

Overall, I had a lot of fun playing this game with my friend, but after playing with him I tried the AI and I hated it. Not only can you not really talk and coordinate with the AI, but I found the basic functions and rationalizations Sheva makes to be ridiculous.

I did not like the mood or setting much in this game when I try to think of it as a RE game, and RE4 way surpasses it in this regard. I never really felt scared or in danger in this game, since Chris is practically as strong and physically able as Chuck Norris.

This, to me, was nothing like a RE game, and trying to play it as a RE game is a horrible, horrible idea.

Now, if I think of this game as something entirely new and individual, it's actually an excellent game (with online co-op). I'm amazed at how realistic everything is, especially the way their mouths move when they talk. Apparently, Capcom used some new technology and the characters' mouths are actually moving identically to the way the voice actors' mouths moved while doing the dialog. How ffffing awesome is that?

Overall, I have very mixed emotions about this game, and I didn't get into -half- of what I love and hate about this game, but I'm not in the mood to delve any further right now.

Resident Evil 4 on Steroids.