By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN STORE (NA) TO GET METAL GEAR SOLID, RESIDENT EVIL, AND FF7 PS1 GAMES!!!

Jo21 said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Sorry to piss in everyone's Cheerios here, but I'm not seeing anything other than some dude asking us to trust him. The biggest question I would have is are these going to be exclusive to the PSN? Remember that Castlevania SOTN is a PS1 classic that is on both PSN and XBOX Live.

FF7 = sony owns the publishing rights.

metal gear solid: unless the port of the GC will stay on the PSN the PS1 version.

hmm and resident evil depends on capcom

That´s not true Eidos has them

OT: If true I would buy FF7 in my brother´s PSP. 

Around the Network

Sony did say they were going to make the US PSN more balanced with the PS1 classics as the EU and Japanese stores.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Good.

if this ends up true, i might buy all 3.

MANUELF said:
Jo21 said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Sorry to piss in everyone's Cheerios here, but I'm not seeing anything other than some dude asking us to trust him. The biggest question I would have is are these going to be exclusive to the PSN? Remember that Castlevania SOTN is a PS1 classic that is on both PSN and XBOX Live.

metal gear solid: unless the port of the GC will stay on the PSN the PS1 version.

That´s not true Eidos has them

OT: If true I would buy FF7 in my brother´s PSP. 

thats the PC Version, Sony publish in NA and EU they own the rights.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
dougsdad0629 said:

Not true.  The original contract called for"Right of first refusual".

Which is very different.

Right of first refusal (ROFR or RFR) is a contractual right that gives its holder the option to enter a business transaction with the owner of something, according to specified terms, before the owner is entitled to enter into that transaction with a third party.

Example:

• ROFR: Abe owns a house that he plans to sell to Bo for $1 million. However, Carl holds a right of first refusal to purchase the house. Therefore, before Abe can sell the house to Bo, he must first offer it to Carl for $1 million. If Carl accepts, he buys the house instead of Bo. If Carl declines, Bo may now buy the house at the proposed $1 million price.

Note Sony already once declined to publish FF7.  When it came out for PC and Eidos published it.  Also Square published the game themselves in Japan.

I sense a disturbance in my pants.

4 ≈ One

Thank God. It's about time PSone Classic's got some love.

jizzed in my pants.

There Americas finally getting some PS1 games