By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN STORE (NA) TO GET METAL GEAR SOLID, RESIDENT EVIL, AND FF7 PS1 GAMES!!!

will this thread get me into the KZ2 clan?

Around the Network

AWESOME!

Now we need Xenogears. :|

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

I can see E3 happening and as a last token to their conference, they will tell everyone to check their PSN store sometime, and have all three of those title's there after they are done.

Hmm, he doesn't really have much basis.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Great new I already Own Mgs but not FF7 cant wait!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
MANUELF said:
Jo21 said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Sorry to piss in everyone's Cheerios here, but I'm not seeing anything other than some dude asking us to trust him. The biggest question I would have is are these going to be exclusive to the PSN? Remember that Castlevania SOTN is a PS1 classic that is on both PSN and XBOX Live.

FF7 = sony owns the publishing rights.

metal gear solid: unless the port of the GC will stay on the PSN the PS1 version.

hmm and resident evil depends on capcom

That´s not true Eidos has them

OT: If true I would buy FF7 in my brother´s PSP. 

thats the PC Version, Sony publish in NA and EU they own the rights.

My NA PC version doesn't have the name sony anywhere on it.  They clearly do not own all the rights,

Wookaroo said:

AWESOME!

Now we need Xenogears. :|

Couldn't have said it better

To be honest, I'm not really excited about buying ten year old games I already own and have beat numerous times (if they were quality games to begin with) when there are other things I have to do.

Great for everybody else, though. But this really doesn't seem to be anywhere near definitive.

axumblade said:
Kasz216 said:
Jo21 said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Sorry to piss in everyone's Cheerios here, but I'm not seeing anything other than some dude asking us to trust him. The biggest question I would have is are these going to be exclusive to the PSN? Remember that Castlevania SOTN is a PS1 classic that is on both PSN and XBOX Live.

FF7 = sony owns the publishing rights.

metal gear solid: unless the port of the GC will stay on the PSN the PS1 version.

hmm and resident evil depends on capcom

Not true.  The original contract called for"Right of first refusual".

Which is very different.

Right of first refusal (ROFR or RFR) is a contractual right that gives its holder the option to enter a business transaction with the owner of something, according to specified terms, before the owner is entitled to enter into that transaction with a third party.

Example:

• ROFR: Abe owns a house that he plans to sell to Bo for $1 million. However, Carl holds a right of first refusal to purchase the house. Therefore, before Abe can sell the house to Bo, he must first offer it to Carl for $1 million. If Carl accepts, he buys the house instead of Bo. If Carl declines, Bo may now buy the house at the proposed $1 million price.

Note Sony already once declined to publish FF7.  When it came out for PC and Eidos published it.  Also Square published the game themselves in Japan.

Eidos is now owned by Square Enix....

Square Enix could easily have sold Sony the rights...Not to mention, it's already on the Japanese store...right?

eidos did the port though,  but only publish in NA, very limited and could have get a deal with sony since they own 8% of square.

a game that sony already had published in NA and europe.

being the publisher doens't mean others can't get it though, look what happen to ninja gaiden 2

How much do the PS1 classics cost on PSN?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League