By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical August 2007 NPD Thread (data to be released 6:30pm 9/13/2007)

ckmlb said:
360 doing really well since price drop.

Bioshock killing Metroid Prime.

All hardware went down except 360.

Big PS3 and PSP drops.

Madden PS3 did really well considering.

VG Chartz numbers for PS3 off again significantly.

With these numbers, going back to 600 dollars after the 60 gb run out will be suicide for Sony and back to the levels pre price drop and lower.

Considering it had an entire extra week on the market i think that is fair. Always trying to start something hey? lol.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

Leo-j using qualifiers?

Wait for the reviews.

I only trust IGN and Gametrailers reviews.

I only trust Gametrailers reviews.

I trust Gametrailer reviews, but it should be giving a higher score.

Maybe Wii vs Xbox Madden sales aren't so bad for the Wii. The Xbox version sold almost 400k in its first 3 weeks last year and 110k on the Wii (as a launch game of course).

Madden sales overall seem to be off. On all systems it sold about 2.2 million in its first three weeks. The PS2/360/Xbox/GCN/PSP Madden alone sold almost 3 million copies in a similar time frame last year.

Basically, the decline in PS2/Xbox sales from 1.95 million last year to 0.75 million this year wasn't made up by the increase in 360 sales from 800k to 900k this year (nor even with the increase in PS3 sales from 0 to 340k).

Given that all Maddens sold something like 7 million last year I wonder if EA will regret not putting more effort in its PS2 and Wii versions this year. (edit- unless of course MS threw $50 million at EA to gimp and generally ignore the non-360 versions)

Final GIF, dedicated to DonWii in his absence:

I didn't realize Shigeru was so violent. I knew Reggie had it in him, though.

Around the Network

Dolla, that one is priceless.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

FishyJoe said:
Leo-j using qualifiers?

Wait for the reviews.

I only trust IGN and Gametrailers reviews.

I only trust Gametrailers reviews.

I trust Gametrailer reviews, but it should be giving a higher score.

What are you talking about? I said if they say its a 7.9 game it is a 7.9 game! Dont put words into my mouth.

mM

Madden NFL 08 (Wii) 115,600
Brain Age 2 (DS) 108,500
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Xbox 360) 71,800
Blue Dragon (Xbox 360) 53,600
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Wii) 31,900

http://thesimexchange.com/blogpost.php?post_id=402

Well now us xbox fanboys need to get cocky..now 360 is giving Wii a slight run for its money.

Can the 360 top 300k next month with Halo 3? Personally I doubt it, I think it'll do 250.

sharky said:
Well now us xbox fanboys need to get cocky..now 360 is giving Wii a slight run for its money.

Can the 360 top 300k next month with Halo 3? Personally I doubt it, I think it'll do 250.

You ... you do realize that next month is a 5 week month?

Hell, I expect over 400k for 360 next month!