By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

mrstickball said:
FFXIII JP, especially day and date would be monstorous for the 360 at this point.

Oh what a year changes in Japan. Could imagine the 360 easily blowing past 2m HW sold before everything is said and done because of it. 3m could even be do-able.

I would agree with that if FFXIII iss exclusive to the 360, but with it being available on the PS3 also I don't see why it would push that much XBox hardware.  Not to mention that FFXIII fanboys all have the FFXIII demo now for the PS3.  So I can't see the core FFXIII fanbase all of a sudden migrating to the 360 when they already have a PS3.

Around the Network
RPG said:
stickball by "easily blowing past 2 million HW sold before everything is said and done" just when you do think everything will be said and done?

My guess is that when the 360 "easily" blows past 2 million the PS3 will struggle to 6 million and Wii to 12+ million.

Compare the 360 and PS3's price. If you were an FF fan who really wanted Final Fantasy, but don;t really have the console yet because you, like many others are waiting for its launch...what would you get? The expensive one with only FFXIII and Versus, or the one with FFXIII and many other Sqeenix games?

Regardless, I don't care if its released in Japan or not. I don't live there.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

FFXIII only matters for the American and others base... In Americas case due to the larger install base and for competitive comp in those listed as other(EU and what not)....As for Japan..Well.....Next Gen maybe.....

How long till this actually starts?

Zizzla_Rachet said:

FFXIII only matters for the American and others base... In Americas case due to the larger install base and for competitive comp in those listed as other(EU and what not)....As for Japan..Well.....Next Gen maybe.....

for FF. japan its easily 40% of the sales.

hell dragon quest got 4 million in japan alone, and a bit over 300,000-500,000 everywhere else.

Around the Network

If anything gets announced from Atlus, that may be the final blow for me to Jump In.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Shadowblind said:
RPG said:
stickball by "easily blowing past 2 million HW sold before everything is said and done" just when you do think everything will be said and done?

My guess is that when the 360 "easily" blows past 2 million the PS3 will struggle to 6 million and Wii to 12+ million.

Compare the 360 and PS3's price. If you were an FF fan who really wanted Final Fantasy, but don;t really have the console yet because you, like many others are waiting for its launch...what would you get? The cheaper one with only FFXIII and Versus, or the one with FFXIII and many other Sqeenix games?

Well *touches wood* I am not poverty stricken and money does not always come first, I would want quality and the two huge FF games, not 1 huge FF game and these terrible JRPG made by the SE D teams. Obviously many people in Japan agree with me if you look at the PS3 sales compared to 360.

I used to live in Japan, sadly education came first. :(

Jo21 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

for FF. japan its easily 40% of the sales.

hell dragon quest got 4 million in japan alone, and a bit over 300,000-500,000 everywhere else.

I doubt the FFXIII will have 40% of it's sales in Japan....

Don't get Confused...This is a MS topic Reguarding MS news

RPG said:
Shadowblind said:
RPG said:

Compare the 360 and PS3's price. If you were an FF fan who really wanted Final Fantasy, but don;t really have the console yet because you, like many others are waiting for its launch...what would you get? The cheaper one with only FFXIII and Versus, or the one with FFXIII and many other Sqeenix games?

Well *touches wood* I am not poverty stricken and money does not always come first, I would want quality and the two huge FF games, not 1 huge FF game and these terrible JRPG made by the SE D teams. Obviously many people in Japan agree with me if you look at the PS3 sales compared to 360.

I used to live in Japan, sadly education came first. :(

Not quite sure where to begin here...by pointing out that one is a spinoff, that Star Ocean and IU aren't terrible in any sense of the word, or that the quality of both FFXIII games will be the exact same on both consoles....

I'll just say that was one of the worst posts you've ever made and leave it at that. Try rephrasing that.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Carl2291 said:
How long till this actually starts?

roughly 4 hours and 20 minutes, thankfully i'm Pacific time and it won't be that late for me.