By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

RPG said:
TLR is on PC, LO I played a very long time ago when I still had a 360. If I do not enjoy rubbish games I cannot enjoy FFXIII and Versus? LULZ

Traditional JRPG are long gone, FFXIII will provide progression to the genra which it desperately needs. That said I love the DQ games however thing is that the games are very good to say the least.

There's nothing rubbish about Lost Odyssey my friend. What he is trying to say is if all those JRPG titles seemed to have been bad in your eyes than the likelihood that final fantasy (insert number here) will be any different to you is just obsurd. None of the JRPG's this gen have been atrocious some are enjoyable but on the mediocre side while others are excellent examples of whay many praise them as well. Since none of them did anything for you I agree with what Shadowblind said about Final Fantasy not doign it for you it's a slim chance I'd say. Might as well stop playing JRPG games if you ask me.

BTW News Flash Traditional JRPG are still here and still will be for some time. They are slowly innovating however.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
Jeronimo66 said:
I still think ff 13 versus is coming to 360, I don't see the logic of putting ff 13 on 360 and then don't bring out versus as well, SE is just waiting to make the anouncement, just like I always knew ff 13 would come to 360.

I think it is along the lines of officially announcing that halo 3 is going to the pc with all expansions and maybe LOst ODY. also going to pc.  Outside of that is spectulation at best, especially seeing as we have not seen anything to the contrary regarding versus.  Plus the dude doing versus is Tetsuya Nomura, who is basically the only sony loyalist on the SE payroll and executive director and creator of the character designs of the game.  The last trailer just came out as well with "only on playstation" plastered at the end of the trailer.  Maybe another SE exclusive game like IU-2, but other than that I am thinking  "NO" on Versus going anywhere anytime soon.

Avarice28 said:
Jeronimo66 said:
I still think ff 13 versus is coming to 360, I don't see the logic of putting ff 13 on 360 and then don't bring out versus as well, SE is just waiting to make the anouncement, just like I always knew ff 13 would come to 360.

I think it is along the line of officially announcing that halo 3 is going to the pc with all expansions and maybe LOst ODY. also going to pc.  Outside of that is spectulation at best, especially seeing as we have not seen anything to the contrary regarding versus.  Plus the dude doing versus is Tetsuya Nomura, who is basically the only sony loyalist on the SE payroll and executive director and creator of the character designs of the game.  The last trailer just came out as well with "only on playstation" plastered at the end of the trailer.  Maybe another SE exclusive game like IU-2, but other than that I am thinking  is "NO" on Versus going anywhere anytime soon.

I feel a bit of deja vu coming. People were saying this exact same thing when people mentioned the possibility of Final Fantasy 13 coming to Xbox 360. We just don't know what to expect really.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

mrstickball said:
Just wondering, RPG...Of the following games, which have you completed:

Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4
Infinite Undiscovery
Eternal Sonata
The Last Remnant

Also, I think that FFvsXIII to X-2 is a very apt comparison. Both are not mainline games, and shouldn't be treated as such.

I'm in the process of SO4.

I'm waiting for ES to go down in price and the same for Last Remnant.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Jeronimo66 said:

just like the logic of not putting SO4 on the 360 and PS3 right?

If there is a Versus for 360 announcement, it won't be till after FF13 releases in NA/EU. At least then they will have an idea of how the franchise sells on the 360.

Yeah, I'm sure you knew FF13 was coming to 360 the whole time, yep, you saw that one coming from a mile away.

Around the Network

Alot has changed since SE first put their games on the 360, again I am not knocking the console. But SE learned that if you want to sell a HD JRPG in Japan you must support the ps3 for HD rpg support (see WKC) or the wii or psp for sd jrpgs (tales and monsterhunter). Sales talk and I really do not see the need for versus on the 360, especially in Japan where it would not be sold on the 360 just like 13. Why? well it would also be exclusive in Japan where majority of rpg's flourish. Either way I really do not care since I only have 2 consoles this gen and they both have a "P" in there titles.

Stats87 said:
Jeronimo66 said:

just like the logic of not putting SO4 on the 360 and PS3 right?

Yeah, I'm sure you knew FF13 was coming to 360 the whole time, yep, you saw that one coming from a mile away.

I would guess then according to the ONLY reason I ever seem to hear out of people is that Microsoft moneyhatted SO4. Sony moneyhatted Versus?

FF13 on 360 blew me away. I was never following it, and certainly didn't expect it...but there have been some people who really have been saying since Square started supporting the 360 more fully that FFXIII would come to it...I wasn't one of those people though, that was for sure o_O this gen is absolutely crazy.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:

Now as for the story, I haven't kept up with it, and since its not out yet (obviously) none of us know exactly how the characters from Final Fantasy XIII and Versus will intertwine, or react, or whatnot. Granted, if it truly is in a different universe altogether, then I'll ask why did they name it Final Fantasy XIII? Why not Final Fantasy XIV, or an entirely different game altogether? Is it in some way not up to par enough to be called a full-fledged Final Fantasy, or what? A marketing techinique perhaps, but I highly doubt thats all there is to the story, and I believe that in the end the game will be considered a spinoff, because it is not following the events of Final Fantasy XIII itself, thus bearing its same name but not being a sequel, it is a spin-off.

FFXIII still maintains the series' turn-based mechanic at its core.  Hence it is a main numbered entry.  VXIII is a departure from that universal mechanic, and as such it can't be classed with the others.

Of course, XI throws off my whole thought process, but don't think too much into that.

It's all about the game.

lilwingman said:
Shadowblind said:

Now as for the story, I haven't kept up with it, and since its not out yet (obviously) none of us know exactly how the characters from Final Fantasy XIII and Versus will intertwine, or react, or whatnot. Granted, if it truly is in a different universe altogether, then I'll ask why did they name it Final Fantasy XIII? Why not Final Fantasy XIV, or an entirely different game altogether? Is it in some way not up to par enough to be called a full-fledged Final Fantasy, or what? A marketing techinique perhaps, but I highly doubt thats all there is to the story, and I believe that in the end the game will be considered a spinoff, because it is not following the events of Final Fantasy XIII itself, thus bearing its same name but not being a sequel, it is a spin-off.

FFXIII still maintains the series' turn-based mechanic at its core.  Hence it is a main numbered entry.  VXIII is a departure from that universal mechanic, and as such it can't be classed with the others.

Of course, XI throws off my whole thought process, but don't think too much into that.

I can't tell if your trying to disprove me, or support me...context clues tell me your trying to disprove me, but what you say supports me =/

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Ah! Welllll, I think I was trying to prove why VXIII isn't simply XIV. Sorry for the mix-up :P

It's all about the game.