By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

i'll just wake up to the news.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

LO, TLR on PC, Eternal Sonata on PS3 and BD, needless to say I hated all of them. I have not played any of the later 360 JRPG since I sold my 360 a couple weeks before Halo ODST was announced, going to have to purchase the console again for that game and Forza 3.

Why is X-2 a "very apt comparsion" to Versus? Sure Versus is not a flagship game however the production values would have easily made it so had it not been for the story being mature. That is why it is not FF XIV according to Hashimoto, none the less I don't even need my time machine to know the KH team will make a game better than any JRPG on 360 or PS3.

^because it's not coming to the 360.
still is a mainline FF13.

it have a main number in the name and X-2 it's mainline FF!.
it sold over 5 million.

FFX-2 was a direct sequel to FFX and it came out less then 2 years after the original. It was clearly a fan-service and cash-in, even re-using many of the original environments from the first game.

FFvsXIII is an entirely different entity from FFXIII and is its own story. They're being made by separate dev teams with a different mind at the helm steering the project. Also, from what I understand, both Nomura and Kitase had a vision of what FFXIII should be, creating Versus was just a way for them both to realize it. The only link to FFXIII is that I believe the games take place in the same universe, but at completely different times.

So going on that, I don't think a FFX-2 and Versus comparison is apt all.

I'm not sure where the Versus/X-2 comparisons are coming from considering that X-2 will most likely be a better game when all is said and done.

Granted, I might be getting ahead of myself since there isn't zilch worth talking about regarding Versus after 3 years and X-2 has been out for years.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Just wondering, RPG...Of the following games, which have you completed:

Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4
Infinite Undiscovery
Eternal Sonata
The Last Remnant

Also, I think that FFvsXIII to X-2 is a very apt comparison. Both are not mainline games, and shouldn't be treated as such.

I've completed all of them myself :D Only JRPG on Xbox 360 I didn't finish was Enchanted Arms that damned Ice Queen was a bitch I reckon.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

RPG said:
LO, TLR on PC, Eternal Sonata on PS3 and BD, needless to say I hated all of them. I have not played any of the later 360 JRPG since I sold my 360 a couple weeks before Halo ODST was announced, going to have to purchase the console again for that game and Forza 3.

Why is X-2 a "very apt comparsion" to Versus? Sure Versus is not a flagship game however the production values would have easily made it so had it not been for the story being mature. That is why it is not FF XIV according to Hashimoto, none the less I don't even need my time machine to know the KH team will make a game better than any JRPG on 360 or PS3.

If you couldn't enjoy any of those games I suggest not getting excited over any Final Fantasy, or JRPG at that. Your going to be very disappointed. Especially if Lost Odyssey couldn't appeal to you. Incidently, how did you play it on your PC?

@Stats: FFX-2 was a spin-off after the events of the original game. It can be likened to Tales of Symphonia DotNW in that regard. Theres a difference between that and a true sequel. And the same could be said of Dirge of Cerberus; a spi-off that, like a sequel, happened after the events of the original game, following different characters. A comparison between them and Versus is ery plausible, and if you believe that Versus will truly be great, you should welcome comparisons like this. If Versus is going to be as spectacular as I've been hearing, then it will put other spinoffs to shame.

Now as for the story, I haven't kept up with it, and since its not out yet (obviously) none of us know exactly how the characters from Final Fantasy XIII and Versus will intertwine, or react, or whatnot. Granted, if it truly is in a different universe altogether, then I'll ask why did they name it Final Fantasy XIII? Why not Final Fantasy XIV, or an entirely different game altogether? Is it in some way not up to par enough to be called a full-fledged Final Fantasy, or what? A marketing techinique perhaps, but I highly doubt thats all there is to the story, and I believe that in the end the game will be considered a spinoff, because it is not following the events of Final Fantasy XIII itself, thus bearing its same name but not being a sequel, it is a spin-off.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I still think ff 13 versus is coming to 360, I don't see the logic of putting ff 13 on 360 and then don't bring out versus as well, SE is just waiting to make the anouncement, just like I always knew ff 13 would come to 360.

Shadowblind said:
RPG said:

If you couldn't enjoy any of those games I suggest not getting excited over any Final Fantasy, or JRPG at that. Your going to be very disappointed. Especially if Lost Odyssey couldn't appeal to you. Incidently, how did you play it on your PC?

@Stats: FFX-2 was a spin-off after the events of the original game. It can be likened to Tales of Symphonia DotNW in that regard. Theres a difference between that and a true sequel. And the same could be said of Dirge of Cerberus; a spi-off that, like a sequel, happened after the events of the original game, following different characters. A comparison between them and Versus is ery plausible, and if you believe that Versus will truly be great, you should welcome comparisons like this. If Versus is going to be as spectacular as I've been hearing, then it will put other spinoffs to shame.

Now as for the story, I haven't kept up with it, and since its not out yet (obviously) none of us know exactly how the characters from Final Fantasy XIII and Versus will intertwine, or react, or whatnot. Granted, if it truly is in a different universe altogether, then I'll ask why did they name it Final Fantasy XIII? Why not Final Fantasy XIV, or an entirely different game altogether? Is it in some way not up to par enough to be called a full-fledged Final Fantasy, or what? A marketing techinique perhaps, but I highly doubt thats all there is to the story, and I believe that in the end the game will be considered a spinoff, because it is not following the events of Final Fantasy XIII itself, thus bearing its same name but not being a sequel, it is a spin-off.

Now here's a man that knows what the hell he's talking about. 2 Thumbs Up....Way Up!

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

TLR is on PC, LO I played a very long time ago when I still had a 360. If I do not enjoy rubbish games I cannot enjoy FFXIII and Versus? LULZ

Traditional JRPG are long gone, FFXIII will provide progression to the genra which it desperately needs. That said I love the DQ games however thing is that the games are very good to say the least.