By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's make Infamous sales predictions!

infamous8 said:
TheSteve said:
snyperdud said:

I for one, wasn't very excited about the game until a few months ago. But having seen gameplay footage and such, it is now a first day purchase.

My predictions:

First week: 350k - 400k

Lifetime(if not bundled) 1.5 - 1.75 million

Lifetime(if bundled) 2.3 million - 2.5 million

I was the same way... I was very "wait and see" until a few weeks back. Now I'm excited to pick it up.

Still, I can't help but think with the underwhelming reviews and the mixed bag of trailers (some did the game a disservice), that sales will dissapoint. This will be another letdown for Sony.

I'd say probably 200,000, being generous, for the first week. That said, if word of mouth is kinder than the inconsistent reviews, your lifetime estimates could be spot on.

underwhelming reviews?

it was reviewed a 9.2/10 on IGN and 9/10 on Gamespot... those are the only two sites that matter. Dont think anyone visits JoesGamingSite.com and places like that which metacritic gets its scores from

Game Informer and EGM were giving it mid-8s, and many of the more casual sites (Penny Arcade, Figit, others) have been critical of it.  If you were to read one of those reviews, then see the last trailer that came out, you'd think it was crap they were being generous to.

I purchased the game, and am thoroughly enjoying it.  It is flawed, but it was worth the purchase.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Around the Network

^ Game Informer gave it 90. Even if they were mid 80's to consider that underwhelming is a joke.

out of 30 reviews it has above 88%... thats no where near underwhelming.

IOI should come and give firstday estimates

Im seeing alot of commercials during the NBA Playoffs and WWE. I dont know what Sucker Punch considers a great opening week but Im pretty sure they will be pleased.

Thats really surprising. The game might sell more than my 140 - 160 first week prediction.

Max King of the Wild said:
^ Game Informer gave it 90. Even if they were mid 80's to consider that underwhelming is a joke.

out of 30 reviews it has above 88%... thats no where near underwhelming.

IOI should come and give firstday estimates

Game Informer gave it a 9 and an 8.5, which equals 8.75.  With all the hype, not getting a 9 on both, or the actual CONTENT of the review being so negative, it's pretty underwhelming.  Much like KillZone, even the "perfect" reviews contain large segments about how bland it is, and its' true to some extent.  It's definitely not a game I'll be playing in a couple months.  Also, Metacritic has it at 85.  Where'd you get the 88?  For one of the heralded "PS3 now dominates!!" holy grails, a mid-8 score is pretty weak.  It's being thrown out there in the same breath with Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and whatever, and it's just a decent superhero game.

Around the Network

^ I stoped when you said all the hype. i really hope that was a joke

Im gonna bookmak this thread and quote quite a few hilarious predictions from here made by all these alt accounts and stand up comedians.

So more than half of you pretty much believe Infamous is going to beat KZ2 in sales? So unrealistic.

^ KZ2 isnt done selling

Slimebeast posted 12/04/2009, 12:37
I predict 82% on Gamerankings, 240,000 copies 1st week and 800,000 lifetime.

(let me remind you that it's already down at 85% on Metacritic, and will probably end up at ~83%)

Max King of the Wild said:
^ I stoped when you said all the hype. i really hope that was a joke

I'm pretty sure that, as a blind Sony fanboy, you're likely a guilty party...  But inFAMOUS has been one of the oft-cited "golden bullets" in the gun that Sony is holding to MS's head this year, in its "superior to everything" exclusive roster.  The other rounds are KZ, Heavy Rain, WKC, and GT5.  Two and a hald rounds fired in the fanboy hype cannon (WKC is out in Japan, in Sony's biggest market, and didn't make much of a splash), and Sony is still trailing.  If the PS3 can't mount an offense when it's allegedly the only player with any weapons to bear, then that's pretty damning.

A decent shooter that can't outsell old product on the competitor, a superhero game that doesn't quite rise above the glut of licensed fare in teh genre, an RPG that didn't even move systems in home turf...  All that's left is a racing game and a fairly niche-y adventure.  I'm definitely getting Heavy Rain (loved Indigo Prophecy), but I think it's about time the fanboys stopped touting these games as the "big guns".  They've failed to impress the populace, and have had an underwhelming (yeah, I said it) impact on the cosole wars.