By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's make Infamous sales predictions!

^ yeah your crazy. I point you to my first post here and wait for my apology

Around the Network

Id like to say i was bowling and on the monitor ESPN was on (college softball) and this was being advertised a bunch... i think this might have a bigger ad campaign in US then KZ2 did we might be surprised with this game

@ Max

Yeah, the ad campaign for Infamous is probably the biggest I've seen since LBP. I've seen ads in great TV slots, as well as on different Internet sites.

Sony is pushing this game pretty hard.

Slimebeast said:
Im gonna bookmak this thread and quote quite a few hilarious predictions from here made by all these alt accounts and stand up comedians.

So more than half of you pretty much believe Infamous is going to beat KZ2 in sales? So unrealistic.

So magically KZ2 stops selling suddenly? KZ2 lifetime sales will be near 3milj. with greatest hits/platinium release and with holiday boost.

Infamous will sell about 300k first week and 1.5milj. lifetime imo.

TheSteve said:
Max King of the Wild said:
^ I stoped when you said all the hype. i really hope that was a joke

I'm pretty sure that, as a blind Sony fanboy, you're likely a guilty party... But inFAMOUS has been one of the oft-cited "golden bullets" in the gun that Sony is holding to MS's head this year, in its "superior to everything" exclusive roster. The other rounds are KZ, Heavy Rain, WKC, and GT5. Two and a hald rounds fired in the fanboy hype cannon (WKC is out in Japan, in Sony's biggest market, and didn't make much of a splash), and Sony is still trailing. If the PS3 can't mount an offense when it's allegedly the only player with any weapons to bear, then that's pretty damning.

A decent shooter that can't outsell old product on the competitor, a superhero game that doesn't quite rise above the glut of licensed fare in teh genre, an RPG that didn't even move systems in home turf... All that's left is a racing game and a fairly niche-y adventure. I'm definitely getting Heavy Rain (loved Indigo Prophecy), but I think it's about time the fanboys stopped touting these games as the "big guns". They've failed to impress the populace, and have had an underwhelming (yeah, I said it) impact on the cosole wars.

This post is complete rubbish.

1. Japan is not Sonys biggest market.

2. When listing Ps3s golden bullets, you neglected to list Uncharted 2 and possibly God of War III. Both games are bigger than the previous ones you mentioned excluding GT5. You also neglected to list M.A.G and Ratchet and Clank Future 2

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Man I want to slap you because of that disgraceful icon pic you have putting Legend Of Dragoon with the like of M$. Now on to a better note hopefuly the rumors are true and the upcoming PS3 game Angel Rings is infact Legend Of Dragoon 2. BTW Legend Of Dragoon is property of Sony!

PS3 Trophies

PS3 Trophies

MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST!

PSN ID: Talyis      add me!

Atleast 4000+ have preordered it, in refrence to the most online users ive seen on the Uncharted2 beta :D

380k or around 500k.

Yes i have higher hopes then KZ2 & LBP.

first week: 280k
LTD: 2mil

But when we will know the numbers. :|