By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - kirby007 on the Conduit

I don't see any reason for The Conduit not to get to Metroid Prime 3 level numbers.. However I think it'll need 150,000 in it's first week to be able to reach 1.5 Million. Will that happen? We'll know soon enough!

Around the Network

If rated T: 100k first week 1.5 million ltd
if rated M: Approximatley madworld

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

NunedQ said:

It's rated T.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
NunedQ said:

It's rated T.

k thanks

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Shouldnt a big hyped shooter like The Conduit sell 2-3 million easily?

Specially as Wii owners are many, rufly 50 million, and they're starved on shooters.

Isn't The Conduit supposed to be the Wii's Halo?

Around the Network

You are one crazy pink puff ball. This game is doing at least 100k opening and 1.5 mil LTD
I can bet on that

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

i'm hoping for good sales. it's just a game that the main stream don't really know abut at all.

Snake612 said:
I think those sales predictions are crazy. I don't think you can compare that game to GTA:CW. That game was bound to be a flop. The Conduit is one of those kind of games all Wii owners have been waiting for. Wii owners will finally get the chance to play one of the best exclusive first person shooters Nintendo has to offer since Goldeneye 007 on the N64. I think this game has good graphics, a very interesting storyline and the gameplay is great too. I think the game will sell 250-300k first week worldwide. I also think this will be one the Wii's key exclusive FPS franchises.

Chinatown Wars was bound to be a flop? Care to explain why? It had everything going for it.

Anywho, can people prove that it actually has a ton of hype? Like...some kind of measure other than Vgchartz or Gamefaqs? I'm not saying it isn't hyped, I'd just like some ideas as to where the hype is coming from.

It will easily outstrip Madworld... it is just more appealing to the masses (who wouldn't look twice at a game in black and white)

The worst I can see it doing should still see it as a million seller unless it is actually a terrible game (like worse than CoD3).

I think likely first week sales will still be small though (by comparison), probably somewhere between 100k and 200k... I highly doubt it will exceed 200k worldwide launch week. (it would have to have all the best circumstances, like launching on a Sunday so it has a full week or something like that)

Slimebeast said:
Shouldnt a big hyped shooter like The Conduit sell 2-3 million easily?

Specially as Wii owners are many, rufly 50 million, and they're starved on shooters.

Isn't The Conduit supposed to be the Wii's Halo?

Lol... I think that was a joke by the HVS dev team... or if not a joke then they are insane, and probably the only ones to believe that..... Find me a Wii owner on this site that expects 10 million + for the game (which is where Halo is heading, especially given the new bundle) and I will be surprised, and also dub them the Nintendo sections' "CrazzyMan".

From what I have seen, at best people are expecting 3 million-ish.... most Wii fans are saying 2 million-ish, and some of the pessimists are below 1 million.

Also it's "roughly"