By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The people who download the pirated games aren't at fault, it's the uploaders who are

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network

@Aldro: I'm not some anti-piracy advocate, but left 4 dead is worth buying. support good developers and good games.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Aldro said:
LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:
Rainbird said:
Only a fanboy would make getting a new console a bad thing Why the ":/" in the title? You should be happy to have access to a whole new library!

Not really, You see every multiplat ill get for the PS3 because thats where my main gaming is.

All the PC / Xbox 360 exclusives will go to PC mainly because pirate = free XD.

Games like halo 3 and gears 2 are like the only ones, and im not really intrested in any one. But since my mates has them i took Gears 2 as my first choice...

Ah so your scum then? Your part of the reason Europe has terrible piracy issues. News flash kid not all Xbox 360 games that PS3 doesn't get are on PC. If you are to poor to buy a game or wait for a price drop or rent it or better yet borrow from a friend than your scum. You know what your doing is no better than going to a store and shop lifting said video game, it's illegal and a crime. If you just don't like waiting forthe Euro Release than buy a damned import from the USA or something. A real Gamer doesn't pirate games they buy them, play them and enjoy them not steal them.

MOHAHAHHAHA

P.S. I dont really download any games but my mates do and they burn em to me XD. Although if I really want a game soo badly I download it. But I havent done that since fallout 3 released. I got L4d from my mate though, But yeah im a scum. A PROUD ONE! :)

Yeah dude if you really end up liking a game that you or someone else pirated for you, support the developers and buy it. so they can make more good games...

786_ali said:
The people who download the pirated games aren't at fault, it's the uploaders who are

They are just as much at fault by because they are supporting the ones uploading them in the 1st place by downloading and installing them from the the uploader.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

786_ali said:

Thats exactly like saying that the murderers arent at fault , its the guns manufacturer that is.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Go WARHAWK!

jesus kung fu magic said:
786_ali said:

Thats exactly like saying that the murderers arent at fault , its the guns manufacturer that is.

No it isn't. I shall give you the legal point of view because my friend was taken to court by MGM but he won:

At the back of each Box, it says that all unauthorised copying is not permitted etc. Therefore the buyer is legally bound  to abide by these rules, and hence isn't allowed to make copies. However, the downloader is not given such a statement. He is not bound by these rules. He can argue that he wasn't aware of such restrictions. Therefore he can download it.

I'm anti-piracy, but I'm just giving the legal perspective.

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Wow, so many friendly comments for a guy giving his opinion on a system. Yes, show him how nice the 360 community is....

I have no problem welcoming someone to the system but being a Sony fanboy never will get you much love on these forums. I wouldn't even dare speak like this in Sony or Nintendo Discussion tbh. Although my love for Xbox 360 shows in my post sometimes I never would put down a console that I own so much or so badly. Personally I don't think this kid deserves it. A true gamer would be excited to have any new console even if it isn't their 1st choice pick. I think many here would agree with me on that statement.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

786_ali said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
786_ali said:

No it isn't. I shall give you the legal point of view because my friend was taken to court by MGM but he won:

At the back of each Box, it says that all unauthorised copying is not permitted etc. Therefore the buyer is legally bound  to abide by these rules, and hence isn't allowed to make copies. However, the downloader is not given such a statement. He is not bound by these rules. He can argue that he wasn't aware of such restrictions. Therefore he can download it.

I'm anti-piracy, but I'm just giving the legal perspective.

I was trying to give a moral perspective on it , not a legal one.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!