By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I now own a 360 :/

Hey so my father got me a X360 elite yesterday with Gears 2.

First off im just gonna say its a good system and I have nothing against it. But since I got my ps3 as my first console probably many here will understand why I love my PS3 waaay more then my X360.

Note: ive only had it one day so maybe I shouldnt even be writing this XD But meh I cant wait.

Ill get back to explaining what I wrote above later on, But id also like to take this time to tell you all one thing:
Okay so I finally got to do what Ive wanted to do for so long, TO compare Gears 2 on my TV 32 full HD samsung thingie to both MGS4 and KZ2. Unfortunetly my PS3 is on repair but my mate come over with some other friends to try the 360 and I told him to bring his PS3(And he did! [Lol I would never bring my PS3 anywhere]). Okay so I compared the very first cut sequence in gears to MGS4s opening cutscene & Killzones.

Im not gonna talk detailed so ill get right to the point:

KZ>>>>>MGS4>Gears2.

I did NOT find gears 2 stunning at all. I had heard some people here go like: Its way more beautiful then MGS4 some comparing it to KZ2 so I was expecting something.. better looking I guess.. The character models was one thing that stood out in Gears to me, But nothing else. Since ive completed MGS4 like 18 times the thing I like there is the places you go: Shadow moses, Africa or wherever act 2 is etc So I got wow'ed pretty much including the *Spoilas*

Riding rex and the car / motor cycle chase etc. In Gears ive not came far at ALL. But the very opening scene and the beginning made me turn it off and I played horde with my mates ( Im now at horde 24 XD ). Its fun when you panic with your friends: OH SHIT THE BIG DUDE IS COMING AAAAA. But then again almost all games ive played with my friends are fun even HAZE which in my opinion sucked when I played it alone :/ But wasnt all too bad with friends.

The KZ2 graphics just litterly raped both. My dad even said whats this for movie? I was like .. its a game; He was like oh cool and tried it out a bit (My dad usally hates games besides Fifa and PES).

Trying to put my fanboy aside I TRULY in my honest opinion did my best to try non fanboyism that KZ2 has th amazing looking graphics compared to MGS4 & Gears. MGS4 stands out a little bit more to me because as I said in gears even the characters here stand out to me and the diffrent areas, While in Gears I only played the beginning and the gray areas just made me feel emo. If my opinion changes once I beat Gears ill let you all know if this is still valid or not.

Back to the 360 & PS3.
Okay so first when I got it I was like OH BLADES MENUE WOHO

Then it told me to update I was like sceptical but then it said u will be logged out unless you do im like: :( Fine.. Then I get the NXE and I was TOTALLY like : ewww. What happend to xbox hardcore attitude? I used to be like Wii is really like cartoony (No offence or anything just my view of the things before), 360 was epic hardcore and kill shit and stuff, PS3 was balanced (Lawl). Now a part of me thinks 360 is really equal to wii when it comes to ''kiddy'' stuff. The avatars and the menues took me really time to get used to. Since I just wanted like a bar for videos it was like 5 squares and im like why not just one where my vids are!? Confusing! I have to enter this to see my videos hm.. downloads? WHAT DOWNLOADS? Since in PS3 u just press the PS store if uwant to download U cant do it threw the video bar it was a bit confusing lol.

Secondly XBL - PSN: The only diffrence I saw was when I went to download gears of 2 map pack that I got for free or something, I saw like Many packs and arcade games and that was like hmm this is many(But Its nothing I would download..). And also talking in parties. That was the only thing I noticed.

Now I dunno if XBL has anything to do with Gears 2, But apparantly 360 dont have dedicated servers its PTP. And the matchmakin took like 10 minutes Didnt they fix it? And once u got in u played a match for like 5 minutes and it was over :/. Horde I tried 3 times and It got really laggy. I was moving and i couldnt pass a door because I just lagged back then forward im like wth. So i went out and after 3 tries I found 5 good mates that I didnt lag with lol. I got 100mb/s and ive never had any real lag problem in any PS3 game O besides CoD 4 when host leaves the game lol. But games like warhawk have dedicated servers etc. I probably just got unlucky by picking gears 2 as my first game. Might have ruined my expectations. Based on that I REALLY doubt Ill ever pay for XBL Gold myself unless I can get my dad to do it. I like the PSN more because its easily to handle, It doesnt have as much stuff but it has really what you need and the connections and shit never troubled me. (Not even in LBP when people keept saying I lag)[luck?]. Once again ive only had it one day ill let you know if my opinion changes.

One thing I liked was beeing in MSN MESSENGER while playing! That was really cool X) but srsly the 360 needs a browser. It feels empty without it.

Games:
As I said the PS3 was my first console and ive fell in LOVE(LOVE!!) with these games: MGS4, KZ2, LBP, Uncharted, WARHAWK(YES), GT5:prolouge, Gow 1&2(Hopefully 3 too XD).

While in X360 playing Gears 2 feels like playing just another game, Nothing I really love. Its fun with your friends but thats same with basically every game. It feels like I had to choose between Halo 3 and Gears 2 and I took gears because I played halo 3 so much at my friend and it just isnt my thing. Force jump at FPS and no real lightsaber = No thanks XD.

This clearly has to do with me picking the PS3 first, Taking time to learn the exclusives but what I also like is the variety. It feels like the games my mates play are ONLY shooters. Ive gotten enough of shooters now with CoD 4 and most defenitly with KZ2. M.A.G will be the only thing ill be checking out but hopefully nothing else. So this is just a matter of taste and how open you really are.

Graphics:
As I said before I belive the PS3s graphics in especially KZ2 is really amazing It took me a while to actually understand there arent many games that look that beautiful to me especially FPS (screw crysis :o XD). Uncharted is also something that stands out but I didnt compare it because the play basically plays in the jungle/woods 24 / 7 so..

I tried the WWE legends of wrestlemania demo in XBL and I own the game on PS3. One thing i noticed at once: The xbox version is REALLY bright :o. Ive changed the settings on my ps3 to Full Color and super bright was tipped by a mate. (Doesnt really make it bright though XD more dark and nice looking). The 360 was really bright in the beginning, but the character models, the crowd the ring everything looked better! Not notice-able better tbh, But u could like go: Yeah the models seem a bit more buffy xD So yeah I think legends in X360 > PS3 version. But srsly i think Legends graphics > Gears 2 graphics lol.. I wasnt amazed at all with gears 2 as you all can see.

Conclusion by these two games lol(I will change this if i notice something in the future)

Multiplats the 360 has the advantage .. on atleast one of the games XD Not saying its the same with all

Exclusives I heard gears 2 to be one of the best looking on 360, I was pretty much dissapointed comparing it to KZ2 and MGS4. But none the less the graphics are good just not masterful which is what I expected. Internet hype?

Overall:
The 360 is a great console, But since I first had my PS3. Its not so odd that I love the games there, Although I like the diffrence of the games i like genre, one is a TPS adventure, another is a TPS stealth, another is platform another is racing another is FPS etc. Makes me really like the PS3s exclusives more. Not to say the x360 doesnt have games like that but I yet have to try out games like Forza etc.

XBL is a really cool service but its nothing I really want to pay for when comparing it to PSN. The party was one thing I liked and the messenger. I didnt like the no webbrowser and I also heard the 16 ppl ingame chat has come or something hopefully they will add voice in the future. The lag in Gears 2 probably doesnt have much to do with XBL but if it does its horrible :/.

Exclusively so far the PS3 had the advantage in graphics

Multiplats is it because the 360 is easier to develop for? Or are the devs to lazy? Either way WWE legends of wrestlemania looks better on the 360 then PS3. Not really something u see a huge diffrence in, But still its always something.

Note: I tried to close my inner fanboy inside. But I truly like my PS3 ten times more then the X360. The factors is probably obvious 1) Its my first console, 2)Ive only had the 360 for A DAY!, 3)My first impression kinda sucked, 4)There are probably many here that like their 360 more then their PS3 and so on.

Can anyone give me the flame suit? I have a baaaad feeling about this..

*NOW CONGRATZ ME ON MY 360! XD*

Around the Network

U fail in Ur bashing of the X360.

U mite as well sell it right away since u dont like it.

No reason to congrat you about having a good console with good games which you refuse to play past their "opening scenes"

you said:
"In Gears ive not came far at ALL. But the very opening scene and the beginning made me turn it off and I played horde with my mates"
You mean the hospital?

...really now?
I mean, why the hell did you even bother to write all this down ?

And WOW, God of War 1 & 2 PS3 games? That's new...
Grow up...

Well, I guess it you can play Killzone with us now....Delta squad leader

And I actually agree with 80% of whats in your OP, I just dont say it cause its suicide

It makes me cry inside when you have to sell your soul like this Aldro.

Congratz on the 360 , stay strong for your PS3 return and have a sledge hammer waiting beside the 360 for when it comes back.

Around the Network

Whew alot to read lol, but congratze on getting a 360. And i admit the beginning of gears 2 is a little lackluster...but once you get past the first part in the hospital the game really starts to take a turn towards way better graphics.

Another question 100mb/s internet connection??? thats ridiculous!!! thats t5 internet/fiber optics. I kinda doubt you have that kind of internet. Do you have a router that can handle up to 100mb/s??

And lastly what type of games do you enjoy the most so we can suggest games to you?

A few disagreements though, Haze sucks nomatter what and Imo MGS4 wipes the floor with those 2 other games.

Leonidus said:
A few disagreements though, Haze sucks nomatter what and Imo MGS4 wipes the floor with those 2 other games.

I borrowed HAZE from a friend just because it was supposed to be really bad. When you haven't paid 60 bucks for it it's quite amusing.

Holy crap you use the word "like" way too often. You sound like my sister, when she was eleven.

I like totally like had to like turn the game off during the title screen and like play MGS4 18 times like because I like like the places you like go to in the game, it's like awesome and stuff!" ***Head explodes***

U have 100mb/s connection. Damn thats alot. Im upgrading to 50mb/s on wednesday!

P.S: Congrats on the 360!!!