By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gergroy said:
thats not exactly a very unbiased comparison. It's obvious you are bias, and that is fine, it's your opinion after all. You will notice on the XBL marketplace it is a lot easier to find game content, they have done a good job in designing it. While there aren't servers for online play, xbl is built into every game, so it is really easy to make parties and move from game to game if you want. Some ps3 games it can be pretty frustrating joining games with your friends, like killzone 2.

I would suggest you play a bit more of the gears campaign before you jump to any kind of conclusions though. You might actually like it:)

btw, gears2 online is pretty broken, I would suggest just playing with friends in private matches and not worry so much about online matchmaking. I can't think of any other xbox games that are bad like gears though. :)

Yeah i dont understand what made them change it from room creation..That was dumb...But i guess it eliminates the Crab Walkers

Around the Network

OP said the following:

"While in Gears I only played the beginning and the gray areas just made me feel emo. If my opinion changes once I beat Gears ill let you all know if this is still valid or not."

Ok this is EVERYTHING wrong with your thread. I would understand if you tried to say Gears 2 wasnt impressive if you genuinely believed it. But if you done some research you would know that Gears 2 doesn't start till the logo comes up. In other words about 40 mins in. Once that happens the graphics and impressiveness doubles. Onscreen action becomes seriously good. And the first time you see the underground cave, oh my god.

The fact that you have not even got through the very much training level that is the hospital, says exactly why I give your thread no credit. KZ2 is better overall graphically, but Gears 2 has moments where it beats it.

Also you really should play both consoles with an open mind. Closed minds will always choose their fave console over the other in any comparison. :)

@op
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68925&page=2
This is how you write an unbiased review of a system. It's from a 360 fan reviewing the ps3. something to think about.

Cool you got a 360 man, but I feel kind of bad you let some of the 360 fanboys around here trick you into thinking the 360 exclusives are as good looking as the top PS3 exclusives. It's simply not true. Sure gears1 looked great when it came out, but since then the bar has been raised. You shouldn't buy a 360 for graphical premise if you already have a ps3, I got mine for jrpgs, and halo3 cause of hype and review scores, which didn't even come close to meeting my expectations. The noise on the 360 is another thing i wasn't expecting that immediately turned me off to the console.

Since you already got a PS3 i don't think you'll probably care much for the small differences with the 'superior' 360 multiplats. It varys from game to game, most of the time unnoticeable. The only other thing you might like about your 360 is sometimes 360 versions of games will sell cheaper than the PS3 ones, as well as the older titles can be had on the cheap.

Rob6021 said:
Cool you got a 360 man, but I feel kind of bad you let some of the 360 fanboys around here trick you into thinking the 360 exclusives are as good looking as the top PS3 exclusives. It's simply not true. Sure gears1 looked great when it came out, but since then the bar has been raised. You shouldn't buy a 360 for graphical premise if you already have a ps3, I got mine for jrpgs, and halo3 cause of hype and review scores, which didn't even come close to meeting my expectations. The noise on the 360 is another thing i wasn't expecting that immediately turned me off to the console.

Since you already got a PS3 i don't think you'll probably care much for the small differences with the 'superior' 360 multiplats. It varys from game to game, most of the time unnoticeable. The only other thing you might like about your 360 is sometimes 360 versions of games will sell cheaper than the PS3 ones, as well as the older titles can be had on the cheap.

Troll....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

I'm going to be honest and say I find it very hard to believe you. Either you are trying to troll and call the 360 inferior and don't have one or this is a joke thread. Or at least you go about it very immaturley. Nearly every single person I've ever met who owns both consoles (including myself) thinks they're pretty much identical. Honestly other than some interface stuff and a couple other minor things they both are the exact same from a gaming perspective. All this talk of teh cell and DVD 9 and Live vs PSN blah blah blah is all just internet drama. Like someone else said in a different thread they are both so close to being the same its like their brothers.

Aldro said:
Rainbird said:
Only a fanboy would make getting a new console a bad thing Why the ":/" in the title? You should be happy to have access to a whole new library!

Not really, You see every multiplat ill get for the PS3 because thats where my main gaming is.

All the PC / Xbox 360 exclusives will go to PC mainly because pirate = free XD.

Games like halo 3 and gears 2 are like the only ones, and im not really intrested in any one. But since my mates has them i took Gears 2 as my first choice...

Ah so your scum then? Your part of the reason Europe has terrible piracy issues. News flash kid not all Xbox 360 games that PS3 doesn't get are on PC. If you are to poor to buy a game or wait for a price drop or rent it or better yet borrow from a friend than your scum. You know what your doing is no better than going to a store and shop lifting said video game, it's illegal and a crime. If you just don't like waiting forthe Euro Release than buy a damned import from the USA or something. A real Gamer doesn't pirate games they buy them, play them and enjoy them not steal them.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Domicinator said:
So, you got a free 360 from your dad, played through less than one level of Gears 2 and quit, and tried pretty much nothing else on the system, and that's all grounds for a bad review? If this whole song and dance is actually true, then your review has 0 credibility. And if it's not true, you also have 0 credibility. If I were someone trying to make a decision on which console to buy, I would not take one bit of your "review" into consideration because it gives me pretty much no information aside from "TEH PS3 RULEZ!", aka fanboy rambling.

Im on wave 40 now with my two mates :D, I played my way out of the hospital but I just dont like the story. Horde is way more fun.

BenVTrigger said:
I'm going to be honest and say I find it very hard to believe you. Either you are trying to troll and call the 360 inferior and don't have one or this is a joke thread. Or at least you go about it very immaturley. Nearly every single person I've ever met who owns both consoles (including myself) thinks they're pretty much identical. Honestly other than some interface stuff and a couple other minor things they both are the exact same from a gaming perspective. All this talk of teh cell and DVD 9 and Live vs PSN blah blah blah is all just internet drama. Like someone else said in a different thread they are both so close to being the same its like their brothers.

If u have a hard time believing me add my XBL: Peddi93 and ill spam you there until you believe me XD God I miss my PS3

LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:
Rainbird said:
Only a fanboy would make getting a new console a bad thing Why the ":/" in the title? You should be happy to have access to a whole new library!

Not really, You see every multiplat ill get for the PS3 because thats where my main gaming is.

All the PC / Xbox 360 exclusives will go to PC mainly because pirate = free XD.

Games like halo 3 and gears 2 are like the only ones, and im not really intrested in any one. But since my mates has them i took Gears 2 as my first choice...

Ah so your scum then? Your part of the reason Europe has terrible piracy issues. News flash kid not all Xbox 360 games that PS3 doesn't get are on PC. If you are to poor to buy a game or wait for a price drop or rent it or better yet borrow from a friend than your scum. You know what your doing is no better than going to a store and shop lifting said video game, it's illegal and a crime. If you just don't like waiting forthe Euro Release than buy a damned import from the USA or something. A real Gamer doesn't pirate games they buy them, play them and enjoy them not steal them.

MOHAHAHHAHA

P.S. I dont really download any games but my mates do and they burn em to me XD. Although if I really want a game soo badly I download it. But I havent done that since fallout 3 released. I got L4d from my mate though, But yeah im a scum. A PROUD ONE! :)