By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I own both PS3, and X360 and my first game was GoW2, and let me till you this play the game, enjoy it and stop comparing it. And you will forget the PS3, and you are lucky my 360 crushed on its first hours!.

Enjoy the X360, its worth it.

I'm not a fan boy of any thing, whatever wins i don't care. As long as i enjoy good games

Around the Network
selnor said:
Feylic said:
selnor said:
Feylic said:
selnor said:
sLordMatrix said:
I have no problem welcoming someone to the system but being a Sony fanboy never will get you much love on these forums. I wouldn't even dare speak like this in Sony or Nintendo Discussion tbh. Although my love for Xbox 360 shows in my post sometimes I never would put down a console that I own so much or so badly. Personally I don't think this kid deserves it. A true gamer would be excited to have any new console even if it isn't their 1st choice pick. I think many here would agree with me on that statement.

This is a good post.

However I will reiterate what is entirely wrong with this thread.

OP said the following:

"While in Gears I only played the beginning and the gray areas just made me feel emo. If my opinion changes once I beat Gears ill let you all know if this is still valid or not."

Ok this is EVERYTHING wrong with your thread. I would understand if you tried to say Gears 2 wasnt impressive if you genuinely believed it. But if you done some research you would know that Gears 2 doesn't start till the logo comes up. In other words about 40 mins in. Once that happens the graphics and impressiveness doubles. Onscreen action becomes seriously good. And the first time you see the underground cave, oh my god.

The fact that you have not even got through the very much training level that is the hospital, says exactly why I give your thread no credit. KZ2 is better overall graphically, but Gears 2 has moments where it beats it.

Also you really should play both consoles with an open mind. Closed minds will always choose their fave console over the other in any comparison. :)

Notice how he totallty recognizes the fact that he hasn't played too far into it and his opinion may change? Yet you still find his post bad... It's much better than many posts that say "I played "insert game name" for a few minutes and it sucks" Or, "I saw a trailer of "insert game name" and it will be terrible".

Yes his post is shocking. It's easily here for trolling reasons. If someone is to review a product that person should have played at least through the whole single player game. The fact he has spent 10 mins with his 360 and posts this post in the M$ forum shows 100% that this is nothing but a troll thread. If people cant see that then I'll write some reviews after playing 10 mins of all my games.

The mods should have locked this thread based on his own admissions long ago.

So I guess you're going to ignore the fact that he said he played horde mode instead. Look a couple posts back, he's on wave 40 and says it's fun. I wasn't aware that it didn't count as playing Gears 2. 

Better tell all those people that get games just for the multiplayer, they can't state their opinion on anything about the game unless they've played through the single player campaign.... *note sarcasm*

Sigh. One day you will learn to see through the mist that people put up in front of our eyes. It's a make it seem better tactic. Say a good point while we drag it down tactic of a fanboy.

Also @ OP. What is the Wave Pattern on Gears 2? You will know this if your 40 onwards. :)

How about u and I go play gears on wave 44 now im there XD. The wave pattern is : At each 10 they get better in like aim, dmg and life. Like 21 itll be easy, 22 harder 30 hardest on that 20-30. Then it starts over again, Gonna reach 50 today! :)

Miss my PS3 lol

P.S. Using the big guys shields and putting them so they cant get to you makes it alot easier, I hate those .. i call them horses that walk on their hands and have a dude riding them lol. I hate them so bad, at wave 40 They were litterly raping me until I got lucky and my friend managed to get a shield and we locked ourselfs in the house at river lol yeah team work is fun in any game :]

BTW for people who said: If u like the game u buy it to support them. I do that actually, I had a pirate version of Rome Total war lol I really liked it so I bought it. But then some games like L4D they are okay.. but I dont really like them too much. Id be a bit mad if Gears 2 wasnt 30€ here. Its just not my type of game, But its amazingly fun with friends. Which made me a tiny bit addicted. But I can truly understand why some people love it.

(When I get my PS3, Im sooo gonna beat MGS4 again, Freak on KZ2 and get honor rank XD, Play some LBP with mates :').., Play warhawk and panic around in my van... 360 will keep me busy until then. But once its back, I think itll be put aside for an certain amount of time until I regain my addiction to PS3. Then I might go pick up halo 3 lol. Need to make sure its before uncharted 2 though

Okay guys just made wave 50. Was fun :]

Wow, if I was his dad and just dropped that kind of money I would stop spoiling my kid so much. I don't who to blame, the dad for raising such an un-greatfull kid or the poster reviewing a system he has played nearly zero. I'm not too old, but posts like this remind me of how happy I was anytime I got a new toy. I would never in a million years think about hopping online and bitching about it. Let me just say that life is gonna be fun when there isn't anybody buying you hundreds of dollars worth of gaming equipment. I fear for the future.

On a positive note, at least the writing is better than the majority of these troll posts. Not Shakespeare, but not the incomprehensible drivel that most posts like this consist of.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Amen :]

Around the Network

rofl, if someone would have just randomly bought me another console at that age, I would have gone like : 'OMFG U KIDDING ME WTF ""§$!%% YEEEHA' , i mean it wasnt even his birthday or anything.
i'm really scared of such oversatisfied people hitting the society once, i mean come on, how unthankful can one grow, it's not even fun to read through, he gets a new console and after 1 day he's already tired of it and goes play with his gold teddies again. that's really sad ....

note : my family was always a bit ahead of the average income @ my region, so im NOT writing this in bitterness, but the fact that such overjoyed kiddies exist makes me puke.

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

If people would read the entire post you'd see he hasnt just played the game for one hour anymore and now has some new views on the game.

And funny how paranoid people who claimed he didnt even have the console at first and that this was just a smokescreen to start a flame war, now is nowhere to be found.

thats the problem, my PS3 has great graphics, but when I look at the games, my 360 wins hands down. Sony's not even inthe same ball park in terms of software and online titles..
its nice to have graphics, but I think online is the way I have to go, most weekend I'm with Clans on Gears and Halo and COD on Xbox Live....Sony cannot compete with LIVE in my opinion. they just don't have the software!

What a heart rending story. I can almost feel your pain as you tried so hard to like the 360. I know what you mean... one time my dad bought me strawberry ice cream instead of the obviously superior chocolate ice cream that we usually get. And just like you, I tried and tried to like it! But it wasn't rich and chocolatey like chocolate ice cream. And the texture was different and it had strawberries in it... ewww... why would anybody make something like that??? Then I compared the packaging, because people have told me several times that the package strawberry ice cream comes in is really great, but the container had a lot of red color on the outside instead of brown. Sigh. It was just so disappointing. :-/

So hang in there man... you'll get through this and eventually put your 360 experience behind you. Maybe if you can get your dad to tear out the 360 insides, replace them with ps3 parts, and paint the unit black, you might even be able to boot it up without puking.

Thanks I have to try my best to try and love the X360 lol. @Apollion, It feels like every game most mates tell me to get are only shooters. Which could be another reason why I kinda dont like the X360 so much atm. I felt like I had gotten WAYY too much shooters this gen so far. CoD 4 and Killzone 2 kinda drew the line. The only one I might keep an intrest for is M.A.G. But apart from that I dont want anymore shooters lol.

What I like about the PS3 is that my top games that are so amazingly good are: MGS4 (TPS/Stealth), KZ2 (FPS), LBP(Platformer), Uncharted(TPS/Adventure), GT5:Prolouge(Racing), Warhawk (..TPS? But I love flying around so im gonna say fly..er), Motorstorm(Racing)[God I want to get pacific..] and then I mix with fight night round 3 and wrestling games.

X360 has games like Forza and stuff but I just dont feel they are at the same level kinda.. Games an X360 must own are like Halo 3, Gears 1-2, etc action/Shooter stuff, ive gotten enough of it. (NOT SAYING THERE ARE OTHER GREAT GAMES). I just have to try and create a variation my own by trying diffrent games. Guess i gotta go find some demos. Wonder if theres a Forza one.. Gotta check.

It feels like the PS3 has like no must own title, but you truly have a variation of whatever you feel to get. That is MY view, It might be truly wrong. But I guess time will change it hopefully.

X360 is a great console, Gears 2 isnt my thing but horde with friends was really fun for a while, The story just started i left the hospital and we are standing on those big stuffs moving but I got bored and didnt continue, Gotta get back to it later. I also perfer level/trophies over gamerscore/achievements as I think gamerscore is a bit annoying saying like: I have 6302 gamerscore then just Im on lvl 2-3. Then again you could just say 6000. Meh its probably my fanboyism here XD. Yeah thats gotta be it, I cant have an opinion on this as they are really similar.

So far im gonna try some demos on my X360, play some gears online with friends I guess dont planning on buying halo 3 just yet, short on cash.

Once my PS3 returns; im gonna freak so badly playing KZ2. Start MGS4 over again :'). Play LBP with mates and warhawk. Replay Uncharted. Its litterly been like living in hell without my PS3. It probably sounds like: Whoa dude get out or something >.>, But I really need it badly. Especially since during easter my parents left for a week to Iran and I didnt have my PS3 then. One week holiday and no parents. The PS3 broke at the worst time of my life :/..