By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This my friends is why I plan on having no children. Sadly this seems to be the norm these days. My sister actually drives her kids to and from school every day. They are unwilling to walk the 2 blocks in a safe suburban neighborhood. Kids were getting pretty shitty when I was one, but this new batch is happy to spit in the face of the hard work everybody did to be able to treat them like princes and princesses. And people wonder why the Indians and Chinese are kicking our asses.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network
averyblund said:
This my friends is why I plan on having no children. Sadly this seems to be the norm these days. My sister actually drives her kids to and from school every day. They are unwilling to walk the 2 blocks in a safe suburban neighborhood. Kids were getting pretty shitty when I was one, but this new batch is happy to spit in the face of the hard work everybody did to be able to treat them like princes and princesses. And people wonder why the Indians and Chinese are kicking our asses.

I think you may have missed the point.

The OP wasn't about being dissatisfied with a new gaming console, it was all about finding a way to nitpick the "enemy" console.  It's just a thinly veiled attempt to criticise the 360 while making it sounds as if he's really disappointed in the machine, no matter how much he tried to like it.

Even if the 360 he received had come with built-in Blu-ray, WiFi, ran on a third of the power of a PS3, and had every game he claims to love, I'm sure he would have found something like "the case doesn't look as cool" or "the menuing system doesn't respond as fast as it should" to complain about.

I understand and don't have a problem with someone being a fan of his/her particular favorite console, but it's amusing to watch that person try to portray an attack on the "other" console as trying to be balanced and give the other console a fair chance.

*sigh* I wish my father would do something like that :(

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Aldro said:
Thanks I have to try my best to try and love the X360 lol. @Apollion, It feels like every game most mates tell me to get are only shooters. Which could be another reason why I kinda dont like the X360 so much atm. I felt like I had gotten WAYY too much shooters this gen so far. CoD 4 and Killzone 2 kinda drew the line. The only one I might keep an intrest for is M.A.G. But apart from that I dont want anymore shooters lol.

What I like about the PS3 is that my top games that are so amazingly good are: MGS4 (TPS/Stealth), KZ2 (FPS), LBP(Platformer), Uncharted(TPS/Adventure), GT5:Prolouge(Racing), Warhawk (..TPS? But I love flying around so im gonna say fly..er), Motorstorm(Racing)[God I want to get pacific..] and then I mix with fight night round 3 and wrestling games.

X360 has games like Forza and stuff but I just dont feel they are at the same level kinda.. Games an X360 must own are like Halo 3, Gears 1-2, etc action/Shooter stuff, ive gotten enough of it. (NOT SAYING THERE ARE OTHER GREAT GAMES). I just have to try and create a variation my own by trying diffrent games. Guess i gotta go find some demos. Wonder if theres a Forza one.. Gotta check.

It feels like the PS3 has like no must own title, but you truly have a variation of whatever you feel to get. That is MY view, It might be truly wrong. But I guess time will change it hopefully.

X360 is a great console, Gears 2 isnt my thing but horde with friends was really fun for a while, The story just started i left the hospital and we are standing on those big stuffs moving but I got bored and didnt continue, Gotta get back to it later. I also perfer level/trophies over gamerscore/achievements as I think gamerscore is a bit annoying saying like: I have 6302 gamerscore then just Im on lvl 2-3. Then again you could just say 6000. Meh its probably my fanboyism here XD. Yeah thats gotta be it, I cant have an opinion on this as they are really similar.

So far im gonna try some demos on my X360, play some gears online with friends I guess dont planning on buying halo 3 just yet, short on cash.

Once my PS3 returns; im gonna freak so badly playing KZ2. Start MGS4 over again :'). Play LBP with mates and warhawk. Replay Uncharted. Its litterly been like living in hell without my PS3. It probably sounds like: Whoa dude get out or something >.>, But I really need it badly. Especially since during easter my parents left for a week to Iran and I didnt have my PS3 then. One week holiday and no parents. The PS3 broke at the worst time of my life :/..

If you had to go out and earn the bucks yourself you might appreciate it more.

I got my kid a IPod Nano for Xmas and she lost it  3 weeks later.

Years ago you got something at Xmas and your birthday full stop.

Maybe this recession wont be a bad thing after all.

It might teach some of the spoilt brats nowadays how to get off there arse and earn a living.

reask said:
Aldro said:
Thanks I have to try my best to try and love the X360 lol. @Apollion, It feels like every game most mates tell me to get are only shooters. Which could be another reason why I kinda dont like the X360 so much atm. I felt like I had gotten WAYY too much shooters this gen so far. CoD 4 and Killzone 2 kinda drew the line. The only one I might keep an intrest for is M.A.G. But apart from that I dont want anymore shooters lol.

What I like about the PS3 is that my top games that are so amazingly good are: MGS4 (TPS/Stealth), KZ2 (FPS), LBP(Platformer), Uncharted(TPS/Adventure), GT5:Prolouge(Racing), Warhawk (..TPS? But I love flying around so im gonna say fly..er), Motorstorm(Racing)[God I want to get pacific..] and then I mix with fight night round 3 and wrestling games.

X360 has games like Forza and stuff but I just dont feel they are at the same level kinda.. Games an X360 must own are like Halo 3, Gears 1-2, etc action/Shooter stuff, ive gotten enough of it. (NOT SAYING THERE ARE OTHER GREAT GAMES). I just have to try and create a variation my own by trying diffrent games. Guess i gotta go find some demos. Wonder if theres a Forza one.. Gotta check.

It feels like the PS3 has like no must own title, but you truly have a variation of whatever you feel to get. That is MY view, It might be truly wrong. But I guess time will change it hopefully.

X360 is a great console, Gears 2 isnt my thing but horde with friends was really fun for a while, The story just started i left the hospital and we are standing on those big stuffs moving but I got bored and didnt continue, Gotta get back to it later. I also perfer level/trophies over gamerscore/achievements as I think gamerscore is a bit annoying saying like: I have 6302 gamerscore then just Im on lvl 2-3. Then again you could just say 6000. Meh its probably my fanboyism here XD. Yeah thats gotta be it, I cant have an opinion on this as they are really similar.

So far im gonna try some demos on my X360, play some gears online with friends I guess dont planning on buying halo 3 just yet, short on cash.

Once my PS3 returns; im gonna freak so badly playing KZ2. Start MGS4 over again :'). Play LBP with mates and warhawk. Replay Uncharted. Its litterly been like living in hell without my PS3. It probably sounds like: Whoa dude get out or something >.>, But I really need it badly. Especially since during easter my parents left for a week to Iran and I didnt have my PS3 then. One week holiday and no parents. The PS3 broke at the worst time of my life :/..

If you had to go out and earn the bucks yourself you might appreciate it more.

I got my kid a IPod Nano for Xmas and she lost it  3 weeks later.

Years ago you got something at Xmas and your birthday full stop.

Maybe this recession wont be a bad thing after all.

It might teach some of the spoilt brats nowadays how to get off there arse and earn a living.

Yeah lets hope! :D

Around the Network

Well this one has run its course. Yet another pointless fanboy created thread. Keep studying son, maybe one day you can become the troll you are aspiring to be. It takes practice, but there are plenty of great mentors on here. But sadly this thread is a massive...

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:

Well this one has run its course. Yet another pointless fanboy created thread. Keep studying son, maybe one day you can become the troll you are aspiring to be. It takes practice, but there are plenty of great mentors on here. But sadly this thread is a massive...

LMAO.

thank you! Ill try my best :] thanks for the motivation!

Hey guys, as much as I disagree with Aldro's perspective, I have to admit that he's handling the jibs and criticism with a good deal of grace.

crumas2 said:
Hey guys, as much as I disagree with Aldro's perspective, I have to admit that he's handling the jibs and criticism with a good deal of grace.

Yeah well its the internet! Words from people I barely know doesnt really make me cry. Instead I see it as motivation to do what they say and see if my opinion changes. So please criticize me more!