By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could ODST break Halo 3's opening record?

PullusPardus said:
well , after Halo Wars alot of people seem to forgot the series and moved on Call of Duty.
it probably will be a multi million seller but wont top Halo 3

Halo Wars wasn't even really part of the series.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I am not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking can it sell more copies than Halo 3 in its opening week then I think it can.

If on the other hand you are asking can it make more money than Halo 3 in its opening week then I think the answer is no.

I see this as a chance to introduce another "Bad Ass" who may even be the subject of the next full blown game. I am not convinced master chief sold the game rather the dynamics of Halo itself which should all be present in this expansion and should be for the next full game one would hope.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

No, it has no chance... it has a good chance to get close to 3 million first week, and maybe even ~8 million LT but it wont be as successfull as H3, mainly because its an extremly short expansion which will be only bought up by XBL maniacs... oh, and did I mentioned that Master Chief wont be in it? :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Remember that ODST is labeled as Halo 3 with an undertitle. It's like an expansion pack, not a sequel.

Halo 3 sold 3.8 mill in it's opening week. Halo Wars sold just 600,000 copies in it's opening week.

I think Halo 3 ODST will land somewhere in between. 1.8 million first week.

Is it Halo 4 no. No it won't.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Is it Halo 4 no. No it won't.

Sorry, but not even Halo 4 would have done it.

A Halo 4, released in 2010 on the Xbox 360, would most likely have opened with sales like 2.3 - 2.9 million in its first week on the market, if it's lucky, in my opinion.