By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone just have one of the next-gen consoles?

tk1797 said:
I only have a 360. I might get a wii when mario kart comes out.

Same here though I WILL get the wii when mario kart comes out.

Around the Network

All I have is a Wii and an HDTV with no HD content. 56 inches of sweetness.

I only buy consoles made by companies who made their own games from the start. I'm talking Nintendo and Sega here, and Sega gave up on me. Sony and Microsoft came from non-gaming conglomerate backgrounds and their motivations frighten me.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Only a Wii, but when PS3 gets cheap enough may get one if the games are good enough. But this is hardly a priority.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Only a Wii, but serious considering a 360 or possibly PS3 at some point. Probably after I get HDTV.

I'm psWii for now, with a nice PC as well. I don't plan on getting a 360, because it's library consists primarily of shooters, rgps, and sports games, none of which i'm really a fan of. Most of the better games will make it to either ps3 or PC anyway (Assassins Creed, Gears of War), so I'll just get them for that platform.

Around the Network

Wii. with a 360 at the end of november.

Wii for nintendo goodness
360 for.......... well something soon i hope oh wait it was for RE5

I need to get a pS3 but seeing as MGS4 is a while away im okay for now

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

360, ds lite, wii, psp slim in oct (star wars)

I own a 360 and a Wii, if the PS3 becomes cheap enough ($300 or less) and gets a couple must have exclusives I'll buy one of those also.

I bought the 360 first, I was going to buy a new computer for Oblivion but the 360 cost half as much. I've been pretty happy with it thus far, Oblivion, Bioshock, Burnout, Dead Rising, C&C3 have made me pretty happy with the purchase and it's currently my system of choice, although with all the red ring of death problems it could easily lose this favored status in the next year.

The Wii I bought as a fun party system, I also picked up Zelda but the controls are a bit of a pain in the ass and so it's used for Wii Sports/Play. Basically it's this gens GC/N64 to me, great for parties but it's probably not going to be used for much else.

I have a Wii and PS3. It is a too-good-to-be-true combination for me. Having both of them, I can play some really novel video games that have never been created before: Wii Fit, Eye of Judgment..... So Lucky~ I remember someone at Sony said this before "every household should own a PS3 and Wii" (sorry, don't remember who said that and the exact words). I agree with it completely.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX