By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone just have one of the next-gen consoles?

I still do say it's about time we finally changed to getting into the habit of calling the big three systems now "Current gen."

And yes, I only have a wii. Amongst many of my friends.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network

I only have a Wii.
Will probably stay like that until march 2008. I'm sure my backlog of games won't be empty even at that date.

leo-j said:
I have a ps3

But does the psp count as a nex gen console?

I don't think the PSP counts as a console in the eyes of many. Still it seems to me that it's nexgen (current gen, really). 

Personally I view the PSP as the first real "Portable Console". I know the PSP is viewed as a great media machine/MP3 player and whatnot. Myself, I don't carry music around with me, never owned an Ipod or some other music player. But... I use the PSP to play games regularly. The PSP has a really great library of games that to me are like PS2 titles that are portable. I play MHF quite a bit and that to me is a quintessential console experience and yet it's on a handheld. Sometimes I wonder if what I like most about the PSP is its greatest weakness, i.e., it straddles the line between a handheld and a console, and also, it has those multi-media features that others find attractive. The PSP is many things and those that must pigeonhole it cannot and because of the cognitive dissonance that creates they dismiss the misunderstood "Portable Console".

I only got the PS3 for now. I will probably upgrade my PC once Crysis comes out, but I currenlty have no plans to get any other consoles. For a while I was comptenplating getting the Wii, but it has become successful enough that I don't need to support it just to keep Nintendo alive. Right now the PS3 is giving more than enough stuff to do, and with a few things on the side with PC, plus Racing, Fourwheeling, and other general fun I really don't have time for the other consoles. Next year will be crazy with the whole 3D display thing for PS3 games and Blu-ray movies, add in the EYE and rumble plus the Sony store with Music, TV, Movies, and more. I will be overwhelmed with stuff to do.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Only a Wii at the moment. Didn't really even buy that, as I managed to make my parents take pity on their poor student son. =P

Definitely getting a 360 as soon as I can get one for cheap enough (around 150€), and probably a PS3 eventually.

Around the Network

Sony all the way!!! I'm not buying any of the others.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

ive only got a wii, i dont really need the other 2. i like shooters, and i know the 360 has a stack of them but i have no money so id only be able to get 1 every now and then, so the wiis few shooters are enough for me. MoH wii looks pretty good anyway.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

I only have a 360. I might get a wii when mario kart comes out.

Only a PS3 for me, but my room mates have a 360 and a Wii so it's all good.

only a wii so far. I've considered both the X360 and PS3, but they still to expensive for me. I'll probably get the X360 at the next price drop and pick up some single player games that i'm interested in. It would be way to expensive to own 2 consoles with 4 controllers each + games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)