By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Over 100K pirate Demigod, only 18K in actual sales.

That ratio is not so bad in the first week as the game is DRM free. There are probably a lot of people who are treating it as a demo. It's like free advertising. If the game is good, some of those pirated copies will turn into sales.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
kowenicki said:
thats outrageous... its theft... simple as that.

wait till the game is actually released in oversea regions. That number will be cut in half.

Are you implying that oversea regions have lower piracy rates, or that is where most of the copies are being run from as they don't have a legitimate purchase option yet?

jlauro said:
ssj12 said:
kowenicki said:
thats outrageous... its theft... simple as that.

wait till the game is actually released in oversea regions. That number will be cut in half.

Are you implying that oversea regions have lower piracy rates, or that is where most of the copies are being run from as they don't have a legitimate purchase option yet?

The latter. And I agree with your demo thng. I'm actually downloading it now with the full intention of grabbing a copy if it's what I think it is. If it's not then tough luck for Stardock. I won't be swindeled into buying shitty games. That time is behind me.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

jlauro said:
That ratio is not so bad in the first week as the game is DRM free. There are probably a lot of people who are treating it as a demo. It's like free advertising. If the game is good, some of those pirated copies will turn into sales.

exactly, and most of the pirated copies are in regions that the game hasnt been released. This is why I do expect the number of users who have pirated the game to purchase the game if they liked it.

Still the DRM issue isnt really much of an argument unless we are talking games with SecuROM. The Witcher was insanely successful and sold beyond expectations and it has no DRM.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Heh I just read pc gaming magazine with beta test of it which said it won't be available for at least several weeks.

But with launch fucked up like that no suprise with those numbers when you compare WW piracy to small part of retail market only.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

to think how many DS games have suffered due to how easy they are to copy.

Alot of people I know don't buy DS games anymore since they got an R4. Really sad but true :(

same could be said for wii and 360 games. They all should of gone for bluray lol

the only way to beat piracy is to charge appropriately. Expecting asian and some european gamers to shell $60-90 for a game is ludicrous. Price your game at $40 throughout the world and watch your sales quadruple. Its as simple as that. Same for Music labels. Stop ripping ppl off if you expect them to pay.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

ssj12 said:
JGarret said:
I don´t see how piracy can be defeated without a complete and controversial change in 'the entire system'.

not really, you just need DRM that is covered over with insane amounts of value.

I am talking about Steam btw. Its DRM, but with a cherry on top.

The problem is most pirates don't care about the cherry when they can take the rest of the cake for free.

arsenicazure said:
the only way to beat piracy is to charge appropriately. Expecting asian and some european gamers to shell $60-90 for a game is ludicrous. Price your game at $40 throughout the world and watch your sales quadruple. Its as simple as that. Same for Music labels. Stop ripping ppl off if you expect them to pay.

this and come up with a media format that is hard to copy. and make laws to prevent companies making blanks of it. a special format for game consoles.

I have yet to see any proof that a game pirated is later a game sold. If you pirate a game you are way less likely to purchase that game.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.