By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Over 100K pirate Demigod, only 18K in actual sales.

LOL at people saying that they are pirating the game with the intent to purchase if it is good.

Around the Network

There are several games that I have pirated in the past and later purchased.

That said, there are far more that I bought and later obtained pirated versions so I wouldn't have to deal with the CD-ROM. Who cares if the pirated version has less content with stripped down movies, as long as I don't have to deal with an annoying CD at launch.

Sometimes I wonder why I tolerate CDs with consoles. I don't think I will get another console unless you can play more games without media. Games should allow for online verification instead some sort of media protection.

I know, I am lazy.  Too lazy to switch CDs.  lol

I may be in the minority, but I am far more likely to buy a game I pirated then to buy a PC game with DRM.

shio said:
ssj12 said:
JGarret said:
I don´t see how piracy can be defeated without a complete and controversial change in 'the entire system'.

not really, you just need DRM that is covered over with insane amounts of value.

I am talking about Steam btw. Its DRM, but with a cherry on top.

The problem is most pirates don't care about the cherry when they can take the rest of the cake for free.

But, but... The cake is a lie. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Duplicate thread
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68576

JaggedSac said:
LOL at people saying that they are pirating the game with the intent to purchase if it is good.

There is a simple concept here i'd like to propose to game developers: Release a demo! Not weeks or months after release, but before or upon release. Very simple..

Dawn of War 2 for example only got a demo very recently. What took so long?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka