By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 16 (04/13/09 - 04/19/09)

TheSource said:

This is kind of random as far as requests go but...

Can someone either maintain a thread each week or list major announcements for Japanese release dates? We could all discuss the upcoming prospects of the game and then compare to the actual results while we waited.

As it stands now I dont have a reliable listing for Japanese release dates, I'm basically going by what I remember seeing announced.

No offers?

I don't mind doing one for the home consoles, but can't really be bothered to do one for all the numerous handheld releases. I'd be willing to include handheld releases in the OP if people post them though.

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
TheSource said:

This is kind of random as far as requests go but...

Can someone either maintain a thread each week or list major announcements for Japanese release dates? We could all discuss the upcoming prospects of the game and then compare to the actual results while we waited.

As it stands now I dont have a reliable listing for Japanese release dates, I'm basically going by what I remember seeing announced.

No offers?

I don't mind doing one for the home consoles, but can't really be bothered to do one for all the numerous handheld releases. I'd be willing to include handheld releases in the OP if people post them though.

Go BKK! You can do it!

Although, I still wish y-koron would be active and do the whole next week in Japan thing with shipment numbers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@BKK2: I would do it, I've just done a partial list early on the thread. Basically it's translating the info on dengekionline.com

But if you wanna do it go ahead ^_^

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@BKK2: I would do it, I've just done a partial list early on the thread. Basically it's translating the info on dengekionline.com

But if you wanna do it go ahead ^_^

I was hoping you would offer so please go ahead :)

Those numbers are going to bring a lot of pain and cries to prediction league :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

@BKK2: Ok I'll try :D

Would be doing it maybe later tomorrow, gotta wake up early.

Should I do it for the upcoming month? Upcoming 2 months, 3 months? Cause going too forward, release dates are subject to change and most of them appear like 2 month prior to release. I think doing it for the next 2 months should be good, but I'll hear proposals.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

2-3 months seems about right, as you said not much has a solid date past then.

I still can't fathom a demo selling that many consoles in Japan. I guess some of the people there waiting for FFXIII didn't want to wait any longer to get a PS3 and decided to pull the trigger for the demo.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

agardini51 said:
I still can't fathom a demo selling that many consoles in Japan. I guess some of the people there waiting for FFXIII didn't want to wait any longer to get a PS3 and decided to pull the trigger for the demo.

Yeah.. something like that. But i still think the PS3 will see a boost when the full game releases aswell. But like you said. Alot felt that they might aswell buy the console right away.

Orochi Z keeps selling. According to MC - 10k last week and this week. I wonder why?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.