By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 16 (04/13/09 - 04/19/09)

according to thedrill blog, ACC only sold 272,000 and 40,000 of it are the limited edition bundles.. and PS3 at 59,500

Around the Network

more so sad that the best selling console game of the week is deca sports 2 with 9,000 units :x

agardini51 said:
I still can't fathom a demo selling that many consoles in Japan. I guess some of the people there waiting for FFXIII didn't want to wait any longer to get a PS3 and decided to pull the trigger for the demo.

Thats what any system selling game does. It isnt the game itself that causes people to purchase the game pushes them over the edge.  Remember everyone that purchased the PS3 for the demo will not purchase a PS3 for the real game.  I swear people here think that everyone that purchases FFXIII will purchase a new PS3 with it.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Zlejedi said:
Those numbers are going to bring a lot of pain and cries to prediction league :)

Good thing I skipped these weeks.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

PS3 had some awesome sales in Japan. Go PS3!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Those numbers are going to bring a lot of pain and cries to prediction league :)

why you have to remind me of that? I'm totally off on all hardware and most softwares :(

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

here are the leaked media create:

DSi 37100
DSL 6800
Wii 12800
PS3 59500
PS2 3700
PSP 37900
X360 8600

mM

Lol the Wii-Xbox360 weekly gap is closing....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Interesting how they made 40k ACC bundles whilst there only were 10k for Yakuza 3 and RE5.

And still no clear info on how many copies has ACC sold. Two sources claim different things. And I'd like to know how many of copies sold were bundles with the demo, supposedly its about 70% of all of them.

@Rei

Who said the FF VII bundle was limited?

mM