By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Demigod: 18,000 users and 100,000 pirates

I have this game pirated, that's what happens with PC games, get over it.
Flame away.

Around the Network
shio said:
Kasz216 said:

You can play on official servers with pirated games. That's crazy.

I would of thought each game would have like... a very specific number programmed into it or some crap.

Wouldn't know since i don't pirate.

nah, they can't get into the official servers. No online play for pirates, which is pretty much the biggest reason to play the game.

That's what i thought too... but isn't that the problem with Demigod?

uhm am i reading it wrong. to mee it just seems liek those 18 000 people in total have been on at least 120 000 times in one week... so like eahc logging in and out 5 times in that week

axumblade said:
shio said:
waron said:
wow, but hey world of goo had about 90% pirates on pc. no wonder developers don't want to make pc games

You do know that PC has more games being developed on than all other platforms combined, right?

Regardless of piracy, PC is by far the most viable platform for small and indie developers, and the big developers make a killing if they play their cards right.

You mean the same big developers that get criticised over their DRM that eventually just revert back to the system that was flawed in the first place?

By "flawed system", you're referring to the system of selling an intangable, infinitely reproduceable product as if it were a tangable, supply retricted item right?

Kasz216 said:
shio said:
Kasz216 said:

I would of thought each game would have like... a very specific number programmed into it or some crap.

nah, they can't get into the official servers. No online play for pirates, which is pretty much the biggest reason to play the game.

The problem was that there were too many people trying to get online than what the servers could handle. Even though the pirates never did play online, they still burdened the servers by trying to access it.

Around the Network

Shouldn't have some sort of checks when you logon to online server?

shio said:
Kasz216 said:
shio said:
Kasz216 said:

The problem was that there were too many people trying to get online than what the servers could handle. Even though the pirates never did play online, they still burdened the servers by trying to access it.

Ah.  Makes sense.  How could so many people not know that though.  I mean presumibly most of these people had pirated before.

Ok so we got two Pirates on vgc coming out of the closet here any others lol. BTW Piracy is killing the PC Market.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I don't pay for bad games sorry. Think of me as not endorsing bad development. I pay for the good ones.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

What needs to happen is change the common logic behind stealing electronic merchandise.

People think that just because they are not taking it from a store it isn't stealing or its somehow not really illegal. That's bullshit.

I think those caught stealing should be held liable the same as any other thief. You still a CD from a store you go to jail / fines / and probably community service. You steal by copying a CD or download and you get a slap on the wrist or a relatively small fine. BS.