By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "the very definition of a rental title"

rocketpig said:
Heavenly Sword has roughly 2GB of uncompressed audio for every hour of gameplay... Thank God for Blu-ray.

*rolls eyes* 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

Around the Network

Id have to throw gears of war in with HS, in terms of game length. I was disappointed in that part of the game. the multiplayer is okay, but i always felt the maps were too small but it may just be my preference for large maps for ranged combat

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

stof said:
I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to give this game more than one play through. Once to beat it, and more times to really perfect your combat and vary the stances.

Quick question, are there any difficulty settings?

YEs, by beating you unlock the "Hell" Difficulty Mode. There are some unlockables too. The replay value is high, and that counts more than length in my book.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

goddog said:

Though the thought of throwing dead bodies in slow motion does sound very cool

Note to self: Need River City Ransom 3D...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

outlawauron said:
stof said:
I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to give this game more than one play through. Once to beat it, and more times to really perfect your combat and vary the stances.

Quick question, are there any difficulty settings?

YEs, by beating you unlock the "Hell" Difficulty Mode. There are some unlockables too. The replay value is high, and that counts more than length in my book.

I don't know, saying "it has multiple difficulty levels" or "you need to play through more than once to master combat" aren't things that add replayability to me.

Gears got more than one play through because I wanted to collect all the COG tags and achievements, not because I wanted to step it up a notch and try insane.  Bioshock is going to get another playthrough because there were a few achievements I missed and a whole other ending to see, not because I want to try it on a harder difficulty level.  Heavenly Sword has multiple difficulty levels but doesn't have any incentive to make me want to play through those other than just to play a harder difficulty level.  There of course will be people that will play it on every level, but the game does nothing to offer you achievements (or so I've heard) or any variability other difficulty and that's not good replay value.

As for mastering the combat warrants a good replay value, that's just kind of silly too. With a game that has such few gameplay options as that game, 6 hours should be plenty of time to get the swing of things.

Also, please don't take my comments as Ha! HS is teh suck just liek teh PS3!! because they aren't.  I admit, HS is a beautiful game and much better looking than I anticipated and it does look fun.  My only gripes are how little there is in gameplay and how short the game is.  And I do admit, the slow motion arrows looked cool and the idea of slow motion body flinging sounds fun.  If I had a PS3 I would without a doubt give the game a rent. 

Around the Network
Chadius said:
goddog said:

Good point.  Though nobody probably wants to make a game about a bunch of highschool gangs roving around beating the crap out of each other anymore.  Can't imagine the negative press River City Ransom would get if released now.

Which sucks cause River City Ransom ruled.

Kasz216 said:
Chadius said:
goddog said:

Good point. Though nobody probably wants to make a game about a bunch of highschool gangs roving around beating the crap out of each other anymore. Can't imagine the negative press River City Ransom would get if released now.

Eh, just "spice things up" by adding XTREM(TM) lines.

And an option to turn it off so I don't go insane.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

You see? You know what Im leaving the forums for good im getting tired of this you guys are ALL evil people attacking sony yet again.

mM
Chadius said:
Kasz216 said:
Chadius said:
goddog said:

Good point. Though nobody probably wants to make a game about a bunch of highschool gangs roving around beating the crap out of each other anymore. Can't imagine the negative press River City Ransom would get if released now.

Eh, just "spice things up" by adding XTREM(TM) lines.

And an option to turn it off so I don't go insane.

Just make them teenage aliens that say BARF and it's all good.  Everyone likes to kill aliens.

leo-j said:
You see? You know what Im leaving the forums for good im getting tired of this you guys are ALL evil people attacking sony yet again.

LOL... poor Sony!

Chill out leo. I don't see people attacking Sony, just commenting on the fact that HS is short - which it is.

It still is getting decent scores, and it should sell reasonably well. The shortness may affect its legs though, as used copies may end up at the stores within a couple of weeks of it launching.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099