By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical March NPD Thread (Data in 4 hours)

Article up.

Xbox 360, Wii, and DS up in Q1 2009 vs. Q1 2008. PS2, PSP down alot, PS3 down a bit.

I actually think PSP could use a price cut more than PS3 at the moment.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

My thoughts:

MLB The Show and RE5 are way undertracked on both consoles.

PS3, 360, and Wii are all overtracked.

Halo Wars and KZ2 were both very well tracked.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

TheSource said:

Article up.

Xbox 360, Wii, and DS up in Q1 2009 vs. Q1 2008. PS2, PSP down alot, PS3 down a bit.

no, we need a new PSP, Sony has really screwed up when it come to the psp.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
TheSource said:

Article up.

Really?? Well yes to an extent but then what would you say Sony has done when it comes to the PS3??

@TheSource
I think that the problem with the PSP in America is the lack of support for games, I own a PSP and I'm the only one that buy original games, my friends only use their PSP for pira... I mean homebrew.

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
psrock said:
TheSource said:

Article up.

Really?? Well yes to an extent but then what would you say Sony has done when it comes to the PS3??

giving it tons of support I wish it had given the PSP.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Dark Chaos said:
psrock said:
TheSource said:

Article up.

Games wise.....better than PS2's 1st PArty Game if we compare the same time period

Handling it sales/PR/Marketing wise......awful

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@hyruken

oh PS3 will take back europe with ease

if we align launches PS3 is around 1 million or even more ahead of xbox 360 despite launching at more than double its price

also GT 5 is a really big there.....making a decision on PS3's fate there is silly without its release

it would be like deciding the outcome of 360's sales in america without seeing what HAlo 3 could do for it..

But this is the problem Darth. Your thinking about it like it was a PS1 or a PS2, without any other consoles to compete with. The PS3 has two competitors who combined have sold 30m consoles between them. Meaning people who probably bought a PS2 have now bought either a Wii or a 360. It is not like there is this huge que of people waiting to buy a PS3. 

The numbers are not what is important it is the trend. We have seen A++ games released all over the world and they have had no effect on the PS3 catching the 360. With games such as GT5 they will sell we'll but i don't think many people will be buying a PS3 here just to play it. In todays financial world price is what matters and the 360 will always be cheaper then the 360, and this is why the PS3 won't catch the 360 in Europe.

Sony have released a lot of good high profile games here recently while Microsoft have not done anything really. Nothing that is on par with say Killzone 2 etc.. But it is still selling a lot more then the PS3. In a month or two at E3 i think were see the 360 line-up for the holidays. The start of the year was the best time for the PS3 to catch the 360. That is my opinion.

darthdevidem01 said:
@hyruken

oh PS3 will take back europe with ease

if we align launches PS3 is around 1 million or even more ahead of xbox 360 despite launching at more than double its price

also GT 5 is a really big there.....making a decision on PS3's fate there is silly without its release

it would be like deciding the outcome of 360's sales in america without seeing what HAlo 3 could do for it..

A 100 Euro price cut combined with GT5 should give the PS3 a permanent lead in Europe, agreed.

The PSP is finally getting the support that it needs, mostly from 3rd parties it has to be said. "System sellers" seems to be a myth this gen, price is what sells consoles but PSP could prove me wrong. That or the 4000 which is said to be releasing soon enough.

$300 PS3 is what it boils down too, it's a well knows FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT that the $400 price point is not helping sales at all.