By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the NES can't be considered to be the best videogame console ever.

Bobbuffalo said:
Listen to me, thanks to the NES we had Genesis, SNES and PS1/PS2. So have more respect do ya? These consoles wouldn't have been around if it wasn't for the NES and how it changed the market. Not everything is about graphics and huges libraries. Is about making changes and the NES did it waaaaaay better than the 16 bits twins and the PS brand.

And FYI, yes Pitfall was first than SMB but which one does people remember? Pitfall? I don't think so.

So think twice before giving an "opinion" ok kid?

I see somebody must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

As for your respect thing. Learn to have respect for other peoples opinions.

Around the Network

I respect opinions but just because is an opinion doesn't mean you are not wrong and cannot be argumented. Is personal not invincible.

I have been videogaming since 1980 and I don't like when gamers act like know it all without thanking their roots.

Simple like that.

But what you said was "So think twice before giving an "opinion""
That sounds to me like "Your opinion aint valid... dont give it"

Obviously part of his post was dumb and was obviously flamebait (which you fell for)

But also look at his favourite games list and you will see Zelda + Metroid are the top 2, so i think he thanks his gaming roots enough.

He is giving an opinion as a fact. And yes I disregard it because of that. And if he had roots (doubt it for the way he writes) then he is an ungrateful gamer and that really pisses me off.

Or as you said I fell in just a typical troll thread..but I still though I should rise my voice.

I see what you mean...
But you completely skullfucked his opinion, and it was quite harsh.

And on that its gone 5:10am... i need sleep. Night.

Around the Network

good nite ^^

Bobbuffalo said:
Listen to me, thanks to the NES we had Genesis, SNES and PS1/PS2. So have more respect do ya? These consoles wouldn't have been around if it wasn't for the NES and how it changed the market. Not everything is about graphics and huges libraries. Is about making changes and the NES did it waaaaaay better than the 16 bits twins and the PS brand.

And FYI, yes Pitfall was first than SMB but which one does people remember? Pitfall? I don't think so.

So think twice before giving an "opinion" ok kid?

It seems to me that if people don't remember Pitfall, then I couldn't have made a thread about it, so you lose.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

In all honesty most people will pick the one they grew up with as that is the one that gave them best memories.

Only the NES was brave enough and good enough to give rebirth to the then failed video game market....

Yeah, NES was nothing special. People are just being nostalgic about it.