By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the NES can't be considered to be the best videogame console ever.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
BTFeather55 said:
redspear said:
Those games appeared first on the Arcade. Once again tehy were in the arcade. I know this because i practically lived there back then.

You said:

"The first time playing Dragon Warrior or Ultima, games like Mega Man and Contra or Ghost and Goblins. The number of memorable or good games were just to numerous to compare."

Several Ultima games appeared on PCs before they were on the NES.  And Contra and Ghosts and Goblins were also arcade games. 

You slight the 2600 for one of its most redeeming qualities then turn around and praise the NES for it.

No no no YOU are the only one here with the double standard.  He is arguing with YOUR double standard.

You say that the 2600 gets to count as part of the Golden Age of ARCADE Games.  Everybody disagrees because you're wrong.

You're the one who says the NES ports of arcade games or PC games don't count and 2600 ports of arcade games do.

I know it must be hard for you to juggle so many losing arguments at once.  You must be getting confused.

Nope.  I was saying you could count games like Asteroids, Space Invaders, Centipede, Phoenix, and Missle Command as great games on the 2600 (along with Yar's Revenge, Pitfall, River Raid, Megalomania and Enduro) as legendary games that were on the 2600, and they were saying they couldn't be counted because they were arcade games, then in the next paragraph they were saying you could count Contra and Ghosts and Goblins (and more games in Khuutra's video) as great games that started out on the NES when they were actually arcade conversions.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

Atari, better than NES? You're joking right?
And I had both NES and SNES, and I think I preferred SNES to the former.

Nes has put video game on the map. Snes expend the standard...

c03n3nj0 said:

There's no "best video console ever."

Except for anything Nintendo made that is...

They're all tied for first place.

depending on which part of the world your from, i am a mega drive/ genesis fan myself

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752