By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the NES can't be considered to be the best videogame console ever.

Because the Atari 2600, PC Engine, Genesis, SNES, PS1, and PS2 were all better systems.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

Atari? better than NES?

what did you take before you posted that?

You're on the dark side of the nes world.
Join the light side http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68154

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

There's no "best video console ever."

Except for anything Nintendo made that is...

They're all tied for first place.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

The n64 and ps1 are far superior.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

Except for the DS that is...

Is this "DS" you speak of a codename for the Sony PS2?

Xen said:
Atari? better than NES?

People always want to prop up the NES and Mario as something great.  You know who did platforming just as well first?

Pitfall Harry on the Atari 2600 in Pitfall and the not as well known but absoloutely brilliant sequel Pitfall II:  The Lost Caverns.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

at least the "why nes is the best console ever" thread had reasons why. You just named a couple consoles you like better

Now I agree PS2 is light years ahead of NES due to its massive library of great games, but the NES is by no means bad.

BTFeather55 said:
Xen said:
Atari? better than NES?

People always want to prop up the NES and Mario as something great.  You know who did platforming just as well first?

Pitfall Harry on the Atari 2600 in Pitfall and the not as well known but absoloutely brilliant sequel Pitfall II:  The Lost Caverns.

Just as well, this? while I can still enjoy NES titles today, I don't understand how can anyone consider atari enjoyable.

Xen said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Except for the DS that is...

Is this "DS" you speak of a codename for the Sony PS2?

I changed my post...

But of course it is isn't.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."