By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pkmn Gold and Silver remakes; hints that nintendo may remake these games

You may read about this every day but here are some hints that these top selling games and my personal fav. of the series may be remade ( info from different sources and from my speculation ) 

• The Park balls are gold and silver in color, with a light blue band across their middle that may represent the games Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
  • Like in Gold and Silver, the rival of Diamond and Pearl can be battled twice a week on certain days after final static battle with him.
  • Gold and Silver introduced two new Eevee evolutions, Espeon and Umbreon; likewise, Generation IV introduced Glaceon and Leafeon.
  • Sweet Honey, an item in Sinnoh that can catch Pokémon in certain trees, was initially a concept meant to be included in Gold and Silver but was never implemented.
  • In Pokémon Platinum, the legendary birds were found roaming Sinnoh after the player has beaten the Elite Four. As a result, the legendary beasts are currently the only legendary trio not available through a Generation IV game, and could be supplied by a remake.
  • It should be noted that Gold and Silver never explained what became of the legendary birds. Players were left to assume that the birds fled after their respective "nests" were disturbed by Red three years earlier. As Generations II and IV are concurrent, we can now assume that the trio fled to the Sinnoh region, and therefore, their absence could be better maintained in a remade Gold and Silver.
  • When presented with Oak's Letter, Professor Oak states that the white rock on Route 224 in Sinnoh has a counterpart in Kanto. There has been no appearance of a white rock in the Kanto region, though a smaller white rock is seen in Mossdeep City in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Kanto's white rock could be a Generation IV addition that would appear in a remake.
  • There are unused sprites for Shellos and Gastrodon in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl; since their Pokédex data say that their colors and shapes differ from region to region, it's possible that their unused forms are meant to be obtained from Johto via Gold and Silver remakes.
  • The Poké Ball motifs on the floors of the Pokémon Centers are gold on the top half and silver on the bottom half. This design also appears in the Pal Park.
  • During a wild Pokémon battle, if the bottom screen is tapped with the DS stylus at certain times before and after the battle options appear, the normally red and white Poké Ball becomes gold and silver colored.
  • On Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia's game card, the two colors in the background were silver and gold.

i also read this which is intreasting :
 The only Pokémon to not have their stock art updated to Ken Sugimori's new style are Generation II Pokémon, making them look out of place when next to their evolutions and pre-evolutions of other generations. Theorists speculate that a released remake would result in new stock art for these Pokémon.

Also to end my thread this :-o : Although it has been stated that Nintendo trademarked the names DuskGold and DawnSilver, there is no evidence showing they have. It is unknown if games with these names would be produced

Around the Network

Silver is one of my favorite games EVER, and I'd love to see a remake or a re-imaging!

what the hell is a re-imaging?

anyways a re-imagining would be pretty cool.
i liked the games and up until diamond and pearl, they were the best in the series.
they only thing that gold and sliver have over pearl and diamond is the two regions within one game.
)=
i miss that

hello how are you.

Add to that list:

1. Jasmine appears in Sunnyshore City in Diamond/Pearl - one of the Johto gym leaders from Gold/Silver. She talks to you about Johto and everything.

2. All pokemon have data saying 'arrived from Kanto' or 'Arrived from Hoenn' when they have been traded from a GBA game to Diamond/Pearl through the pal park. It has been found that there is an 'Arrived from Johto' in the game, and pictures of this exist. Now why would that be there, hmm?

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Pokemon Silver is one my of my favourite games of all time too. I think Nintendo will have them re-made for release next year and I don't think it would be much of a suprise really..

Around the Network

I hope they make it for the Wii.

I can only dream.

Nintendo will remake Gold and Silver eventually, that's pretty much a given. The only big questions are when, and for what platform.

That being said - using gold and silver in ingame art, acknowledging the existence of Johto, and throwing in a few shout outs to GSC isn't exactly conclusive evidence of an imminent remake.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

i dont hope they make it for the wii lmfao, i want it on a hand held platform

Pokemon Gold is my favorite game of all time. If there were to be a remake on the DS, I'd do a midnight opening for it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Paperdiego said:
what the hell is a re-imaging?

anyways a re-imagining would be pretty cool.
i liked the games and up until diamond and pearl, they were the best in the series.
they only thing that gold and sliver have over pearl and diamond is the two regions within one game.
)=
i miss that

Re-imagining is the new term that is being thrown around to try and trick consumers into believing that the game is anything more than a remake.