By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pkmn Gold and Silver remakes; hints that nintendo may remake these games

Also...
A hiker in hearthrome city mentions about Professor Elm and a guy in the lake side hotel between pastoria city and veilstone mentions all the regions in the Pokemon series and the tin tower.

I also think it will be for the Wii as the 2nd console pokemon rpg game. (N64 had two and so did GC)
The remakes of Kanto were before Emerald version for GBA, too, so this could be another sign that it will be on the Wii.

Or maybe I'm just over-analyzing this.

Around the Network

@t3mporary

Junichi Masuda has said several times in interviews that the trading aspect of Pokemon is best suited for handhelds. I highly doubt that there will be a Wii remake.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
@t3mporary

Junichi Masuda has said several times in interviews that the trading aspect of Pokemon is best suited for handhelds. I highly doubt that there will be a Wii remake.

Seriously? Dang it! I always wanted a full RPG Pokemon game on a console ever since I played Colosseum.

I hope so

Pokemon GOLD is one of the best games ever

not Pokemon SILVER (that game is awful)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They did it with Red/Blue, they should with Gold/Silver

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

The moment I see hear about a silver remake OFFICIALLY, I'm sold.

4 ≈ One

• Sweet Honey, an item in Sinnoh that can catch Pokémon in certain trees, was initially a concept meant to be included in Gold and Silver but was never implemented.

Did they switch this out in place of Headbutting trees??

Oh well, I miss teh Apricorns!

4 ≈ One

Why even bother? Every Pokemon sequel is basically a remake of the last.

I really think some of those points are just clutching at straws, but there are a few interesting ones.

The most concrete indication is the “arrived from Johto” data in D/P showing GameFreak at least consider a new game in Johto. I don’t think it needs mentioning again but anyone who played D/P/Pt cannot have missed the large number of Johto references. Yes Kanto/Hoenn are also mentioned but not to the same extent as Johto. I also found it interesting how they made the references to Johto more poignant in Platinum than D/P. Fingers crossed for a remake.

i dont think any of those actually point towards a remake, but ya, silver was my favorite game, so I'd love to see it remade. I just hope they don't ruin it...

my least favorite thing about D/P/Pt was the terribly small map and small atmosphere, as well as the 3D graphics. i hope they don't do that with the next game, whether a remake or not