By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

Psh. Like anyone with the internet needs a nude code to see Nariko naked.

Around the Network
friedtofu said:

2 million WW sales if someone discovers a nude code. bwahaha.

Hmm... I think 2  million isn't something extremaly unrealistic. Maybe not only full priced edition but with platinum and bundles... who knows? 

Gears of War was what 6 hours tops?

A great game is a great game no matter how short it is (or long).

I expect it to do good, best selling PS3 game in the US since Resistance.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:

I expect it to do good, best selling PS3 game in the US since Resistance.

True... there is another game with 6 hours and no multiplayer that got good reveiws.

...hey wait a second it did have online.

Otherwise i imagine it would of lost a lot of points for replabaility and such.

A game is great no matter how short or how long it is eh?

Well then, clearly developers should just start releasing the demos at $60 dollars a pop and not bother making full games.

I agree that it'll probably be the best selling game in the US since Resistance though.

ckmlb said:

Gears also offered online or split-screen co-op, a great online multiplayer, and achievements.

It's unfair to compare the two games. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

150 k in first week IMO , batter than the other 2 ... also with games like R&C , Uncharted , Haze , UT3 and others the PS3 will survive ... especially if Sony is taking a batter shot at the commercials :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

First of all Heavenly Sword is not 6 hours, the first got of war was like 9 hours this is 8, that got game of the year the year it was released. Your point?

Would you rather have a 50 hour game that sucks or an 8 hour game that's good?

Even if Gears of War had zero multiplayer and was single player only it would have gotten great reviews, maybe lower than it got but it would have gotten in the 8s.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
First of all Heavenly Sword is not 6 hours, the first got of war was like 9 hours this is 8, that got game of the year the year it was released. Your point?

Even if Gears of War had zero multiplayer and was single player only it would have gotten great reviews, maybe lower than it got but it would have gotten in the 8s.

I'm not saying HS will be bad (I'll be playing it in a few days), just that its length and lack of multiplayer deserves to be factored into the score.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ckmlb said:

I don't know, Gears of War single player was really good but short and I think it could have gotten 8's if it was just single player.  From what I've heard of HS single player, it's not bad, but it's not great meaning probably something in the 7.5-8 range isn't bad.

Actually, PA has a comic on that subject today.

ckmlb said:

Heavenly sword got in the 8's as well.  So what's your point.  It's king of the hill for now... and deserves an 8 verse the catologue of PS3 games out now and the ones that are coming out soon.

However when it comes to games that come out later on in the PS3's life i'd bet this game won't hold up.  Hence why i think it'll sell more then it should.  If the same game was released a year or two from now i'd be shocked if it rated or sold anywhere near as well.

That's my point, reviewers have complained that it's both too short and too repetitive.  If i remember the review right there are 4 differnt types of non boss enemies.  That's just horrendus even in a 6-8 hour game. (The Penny Arcade guys said 6 hours for them, watching cutscenes and breaks i believe, and they talked about goofing off throwing dead bodies around.)

Also, I've probably put over 50 hours into "Collsiuem: Road to Freedom", which has a Metacritic review of 56.  Games that "suck" don't suck for everyone, hence why having more to do is always a plus.

Here's another qustion.  Would you rather have Heavenly Sword or a game just like Heavenly Sword that has 3 more hours of conent.  Do they deserve to get the same reveiw scores?