By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

rocketpig said:

Obviously you never found the chemical thrower/electric gel combo, twesterm... it's just unfair. I locked up and killed 3 or 4 BDs before they even saw me. I even finished 2 parts of the final boss without him touching me. The thing is so ridiculously powerful that it's almost broken. The only hindrance is finding enough materials to keep manufacturing the gel.

Obviously you've never found telekineses and a dead body.  That one hit kills just about everything in the game (never tried it on the final boss or mini bosses but I would imagine it would do the same on the minibosses at least).

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I wonder if this game or metroid will top the charts next week

It'll probably top Metroid... The drop this week was horrible considering the awareness of Metroid.. Its really a shame because MP3 was a really fun game.

I think it will sell above the average decent PS3 game. As mentioned before, there isn't much PS3 is offering right now and I've heard the visuals are fantastic. Which should be really important to PS3 fans, because that is all they ever talk about "graphics"

damkira said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I wonder if this game or metroid will top the charts next week

It'll probably top Metroid... The drop this week was horrible considering the awareness of Metroid.. Its really a shame because MP3 was a really fun game.

I wouldn't count Metroid Prime 3 out quite yet ... Nintendo games like Zelda, Mario and Metroid tend to sell very well over a long period of time; for example Zelda has sold over 800,000 copies in North America in 2007, will likely break a Million in 2007, and can potentially sell an additional million (or more) by the end of the generation (for a total of over 3 Million in North America). [Note: if you add the Gamecube version to this you have it selling over 1.1 Million in 2007 with it breaking 3 Million in North America by the end of the year; this will make it the third most popular Zelda in North America, just behind the NES original and the N64 Classic OoT]

rocketpig said:
damandan05 said:
halo 2 7 hours

7 hours? Certainly not the first time through the game, unless you set the difficulty level to "retard" and every enemy is weaponless.

Even if Halo 2 were only 7 hours long, it still has multiplayer to back it up.  Warhawk shows multiplayer can make a game worth the money (or so I've heard).

Around the Network
twesterm said:
rocketpig said:

Obviously you never found the chemical thrower/electric gel combo, twesterm... it's just unfair. I locked up and killed 3 or 4 BDs before they even saw me. I even finished 2 parts of the final boss without him touching me. The thing is so ridiculously powerful that it's almost broken. The only hindrance is finding enough materials to keep manufacturing the gel.

Obviously you've never found telekineses and a dead body.  That one hit kills just about everything in the game (never tried it on the final boss or mini bosses but I would imagine it would do the same on the minibosses at least).

Heh, true. I think we can both agree that hopefully BioShock 2 will be a little more difficult.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

tombi123 said:
well I payed full price for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and finished it in two days, but i wasn't disapionted. I could have spread the book out over a week, but I wouldn't have in enjoyed it more.

I dont know if anyone has read 'Eric' by Terry Pratchett, its about 150 pages long, which is about half the length of an average Pratchett book, but cost the same amount, was I dissapionted by the book? No it was just as enjoyable as all his others and I considered it money well spent.

(expecting my book-game comparison to be ripped apart within the hour =)

I'd just point out that other then being a different format the Deathly Hallows was still much cheaper then Heavenly Sword and cost you less.

GranTurismo said:
Most games can be beaten in a short time, if you rush by everything and don't take it in. The original Mario game for NES can be beaten in under 15minutes does that mean the game should only get a 1/10? I can beat most games in under 5 hours if i rush.

So what does that say about Heavenly Sword when the Penny Arcade guys could beat the game in 6 hours watching all the cutscenes, taking breaks (I hope they were joking here) and goofing off throwing dead bodies all over the place.

So rushing and cutting through cut scenes how long will Heavenly Sword take?  3 hours? 

Kasz216 said:
tombi123 said:
well I payed full price for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and finished it in two days, but i wasn't disapionted. I could have spread the book out over a week, but I wouldn't have in enjoyed it more.

I dont know if anyone has read 'Eric' by Terry Pratchett, its about 150 pages long, which is about half the length of an average Pratchett book, but cost the same amount, was I dissapionted by the book? No it was just as enjoyable as all his others and I considered it money well spent.

(expecting my book-game comparison to be ripped apart within the hour =)

I'd just point out that other then being a different format the Deathly Hallows was still much cheaper then Heavenly Sword and cost you less.

Yeah, I think that it is difficult to compare the value of a book when it costs $30 (or under $10 for the paperback) to a $60 game ...

From what I understood from the reviews the complaint about heavenly sword was half that it was too short, and half that it was repetitive nd shallow; I haven't played it so I can't say but I would expect that if it was as shallow as they say there wouldn't be too much difference between rushing through and taking your time, and if it is as repetitive as they say there wouldn't be much value in playing through the game multiple times.

Unfortunately I think this game will do decently but not spectacular. Personally I seem more interested in this game than my friends who own PS3's They had fun with the demo but dont feel like dropping $60 for it.

2 million WW sales if someone discovers a nude code. bwahaha. 

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )