By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

I'd rather not have them add hours for no reason actually, unless the extra hours are the same quality or better, I'd rather the game was shorter.

That's your opinion that you want more of the same stuff for longer. I liked FF XII but thought it got too repetitive and dragged a lot towards the end, same with many other games I've played and liked. I don't want every game I like to be longer artificially to rate it higher. RE 4 dragged too and most people thought it was a little too long.

@Rocketpig: And it has been factored in, it's one of the main complaints about the game yet even with that it's gotten good reviews almost everywhere.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Gears of War was more like 10-12 hours..at least that's what the reviews said. The same reviewers that say HS is 6 hours..

That's twice the length.

If HS was 10-12 hours that would put it in a whole nother catagory..it's only HALF that long..which takes it into uber-short territory.

I've pretty much never heard reviewers call a game 6 hours before HS..

ckmlb said:
@Rocketpig: And it has been factored in, it's one of the main complaints about the game yet even with that it's gotten good reviews almost everywhere.

Which is fair enough. If the game is good for 6-8 hours, so be it. It deserves at least a decent rating. I'm looking forward to playing it myself but I would never purchase a game of that length.

Whereas Blue Dragon had the exact opposite effect on me... I had no plans to buy that game after the demo but once I was 8 hours in, I was hooked. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

People are forgetting.

This is supposed to have replay value. It has lots of little unlockables, and a harder difficulty that you get whenever you beat it.

Replay value > Length for games of this type.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

When I play the game I will tell you guys if its an 8.0 game or just plain good game.

mM
Around the Network

In this week there are no really big games so HS has a chance to be the first PS3 title the debut on 1st place in USA chart. It of course doesn't matter that much but would be nice to see. The biggest competition will be probably NHL 08 fox Xbox 360.

I don't know. It's a solid game, so I expect it to do fairly well, but I decided to wait for a price drop before buying it because of it's length, and I'm sure many others have as well.

I just got an hour ago! Its awesome. The store I went got around 50 copies today and there was about 20 left whenever I went to pick mine up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I just got an hour ago! Its awesome. The store I went got around 50 copies today and there was about 20 left whenever I went to pick mine up.

You make me jealous. :(

If I wasn't so broke, I'd probably have gotten it today, despite it's short length. 

A psn friend of mine says its better than warhawk O_O

mM