By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm displeased with Nintendo's pricing of MotionPlus

Selling something they admitted to is cheap to make for $19.99 (I was hoping for a $9.99 price point) which will be (or should be) integeral for a lot of games is bad. Moreover, though Nintendo never said so, many believed that the Wii remote was already capable of 1-1 motion. Additionaly, the Wii remote and nunchuck together is already expensive. With respects to this I'm starting to view Nintendo in more negative light.

C'mon Nintendo, be a little more generous to the people that made you filthy rich.

Around the Network

20 is better than 30, a price many of us thought it would go for.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I also was hoping for less than $20, but it shouldn't matter to me at all.

1 with Wii Sports Resort
1 with Red Steel 2

I only own 3 wiimotes

I guess you would have been happier if it was priced 10-15? Maybe after 2 or 3 years they will drop the price or include it when you buy a Wiimote.

Wait, is the price confirmed?

I was also hoping it could be 10-15 €, but given that this is an accessory it needs to have a sizable retailer margin... Maybe they simply couldn't sell it for those prices without losing money.

By the way these gyroscopes are pretty new technology (at this size).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

80$ for 4... ouch

nintnedo dont sell things for a loss, they didnt get filthy rich by being nice and offering things cheap. hell im just happy that they are offering motion+ seperately

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Im getting John Mcenroe Tennis with this in June

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

By the way it seems Grand Slam Tennis will sell for $60 with WM+ included and $50 without, so if you want that game it's like you're getting it for $10...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yeah, I'm only buying this with games, so it will only be ~$/€ 10.

Grand Slam Tennis will be the first one and if Red Steel comes with it I'll buy that too.