By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EEDAR: GTA Chinatown Wars performance proves mature DS games "risky"

richardhutnik said:
Samus Aran said:
Vice city stories on psp sold worse then gta: chinatown wars. Why doesn't anyone complain about that?
Stop blaiming Nintendo for everything! What's next? Nintendo caused WW1 and2?

No way!  If Nintendo did causes WWI and WWII, then the film footage from the war would look like Advanced War.

Hence, we got Advance Wars Dual Strike and Advance Wars Days of Ruin.

The next Advance Wars will be based on WW3.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

I'm not sure whether the analyst is misinformed or he just doesn't care about misinforming other people.

The later.

Star Scream said:

By contrast, though, titles targeted at the M demographic can still thrive on the PSP. "Previous GTA titles on the PSP have sold in excess 1 million units lifetime," Divnich says. "The performance on the DS highlights clearly the demographic differences between the two platforms in the handheld market."

Credibility lost completely after this. This guy is certainly on Sony's payroll list.

Most analysts already have money invested into PS brand due to expectations. When that didn't happen they didn't bother to tell anyone to start switching. Now that Nintendo is gone past they are trying to swing things back down for Nintendo, but it not working. If things switch back then they can say I told you so. It's not going to happen, but it's what they want. Disruption work that way.

Much like gamers being more informed than their casual counterparts and reviewers writing comments that they will hear. Casuals will not hear analysts. Both informers have pretty much put closed theirs eyes, ears and going la la la la la la la la.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Analysts will talk about Nintendo without real knowledge of how these games work on Nintendo systems, and they have to or they are without a job and they have to because Nintendo is dominating, it's really sad if you think about it. They have to write things they know nothing about and make themselves look like pure ass down the line because with only 12 people working on CW, 200k most likely already made back their money and it's only going to be pure profit from that point on.

Around the Network
JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:
You put a Mature title on a Nintendo Platform and it's bound for failure!
Nintendo has a kiddy image...and most of their games are KIDDISH wether Nintendo fanboys want to admit it or not...Nintendo Ds is owned mostly by kids and so is the Wii...their is no audience in there for mature games...

Go ahead and give me a million reasons why nintendo is not a kiddy system...I wont say anything Il just wait till the next Mature game comes out and FLOPS again on a Nintendo Platform...Make Chinatown wars for PsP wouldve probably sold better

hmmm... not much to say since this guy is already banned, but uh, looking at your own definition and argument, you most likely own a DS and Wii just by the way you typed that msg, just saying.

I think we gathered a bit of attention - Vice City Stories is now tracked in Others. Feel free to use your charts now =)

KylieDog said:
famousringo said:
Speaking of comparing American data, here's the comparison between handheld GTAs I posted before using Americas sales only:

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=Grand+Theft+Auto%3A+Chinatown+Wars+-+DS&reg2=America&game2=Grand+Theft+Auto%3A+Vice+City+Stories+-+PSP&reg3=America&game3=Grand+Theft+Auto%3A+Liberty+City+Stories+-+PSP&weeks=100

Chinatown is still splitting the difference between VC Stories and LC Stories. If this trend holds, I don't think Take 2 will have anything to complain about.

All these comparisons are flawed.

For one thing the PSP games got PS2 versions, stealing sales.

Plus back when they were released the PSP userbase was what?  20m?  25m?   DS userbase is 100 million.  Now while userbase isn't directly propertional to sales...it does matter.  PSP userbase is also vastly more rampant with piracy than DS.

I'm pretty sure the piracy is just as bad if not worse with the DS.... DS just had more units sold is all, I'm pretty sure they'll be happy with CW in the long run, that's usually how it goes.

dahuman said:

I'm pretty sure the piracy is just as bad if not worse with the DS.... DS just had more units sold is all, I'm pretty sure they'll be happy with CW in the long run, that's usually how it goes.

Hey man. Play by the rules, you can only blame piracy when it involves PSP.

Galaki said:
dahuman said:

Hey man. Play by the rules, you can only blame piracy when it involves PSP.

right right