By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports: "Can't Port Down To Wii"

Recent interesting statement made by EA Sports' Peter Moore:

This generation, it's hard to make a truly multi-platform. EA Sports exec Peter Moore explains why.

At a recent conference, Moore stated, "You simply can't take what you're doing on the Ps3 and Xbox and port — thats a dirty word — down to the Wii." Instead, developers must build Wii games "from the ground up." 

In the past, EA has tried to port down to the Wii to varying degrees of success and has "learned their lesson." Though, this begs the question: Can you port up from the Wii to the PS3 and Xbox 360?

Source: http://kotaku.com/5209321/ea-sports-cant-port-down-to-wii

Reminds me of this article: http://www.edge-online.com/blogs/follow-leader

Around the Network

Good to hear EA making sensible comments like this, and I think it really is showing in their offerings for the Wii.

As for porting 'up' to the PS360. That is equally a bad thing to do. Wii Sports would be a terrible PS360 game

I would not buy a game which is made for wii and ported up to 360.

Esa-Petteri said:

Even if it was the best game on 360?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:
Esa-Petteri said:

It would not be the best game on 360. :)

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:

Amen brother. I regret buying Phantasy Star Universe on 360. It is probably the ugliest game I've played on the system.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

bazmeistergen said:
Esa-Petteri said:

no point in putting "ifs" into impossible possibilities

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

shinyuhadouken said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Amen brother. I regret buying Phantasy Star Universe on 360. It is probably the ugliest game I've played on the system.

Phantasy Star Universe is a port from the original PlayStation 2 version thats why, although graphics still should have been upgraded but it kept the PS2-Like Graphics, its a good series in the end though.

darthdevidem01 said:
bazmeistergen said:
Esa-Petteri said:

no point in putting "ifs" into impossible possibilities

Yeah, we all know grand slam tennis will be a lot better then any crap tennis game ever released on the HD consoles. This goes for every sportgame that will use motion+. I've heard good things about the golf game too.. So, if you want games like that on a HD console, it would be ported down instead of porting up. Yeah, that's right!

Ps: Nice fanboyism for the HD consoles here, but my fanboyism is bigger

What if they ported Super Mario Galaxy (I know they wouldn't) to the 360 or PS3. It wouldn't need a graphical upgrade as the graphics already suit the game perfectly, and it WOULD be the best game on the system.