By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports: "Can't Port Down To Wii"

Hey if the want to port up from Wii that ain't so bad. Most likely the HD systems could render them in full 1080 P native.

Around the Network
mai said:
Jo21 said:
scottie said:
Good to hear EA making sensible comments like this, and I think it really is showing in their offerings for the Wii.

As for porting 'up' to the PS360. That is equally a bad thing to do. Wii Sports would be a terrible PS360 game

i think u can do bowling just right with the sixaxis lol, i think boxing would work to an extend.

Sixaxis motion-sensing is inferior to Wiimote capabilities ;)

Yeah, but for bowling games it performs well. I already played a PSN bowling game (Can't remember the name sorry) and I was surprised by the sixaxis response, but it's odd to play with it due to it's design which definatelly its not made to hold in just one hand.

One_touch_KO said:
Its irrelevant. EA needs to support Wii in some way. They can spin as much as they want but at the end they have to support the generation leader. Can't ignore 50% market share in order to survive.

They are... They're devoting half of their manpower to Wii games. They're probably the leading third party for the Wii right now.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Guys, he's talking from a business standpoint. And he's talking about gameplay mechanics as much as graphics. There's only so much success you can have with "Wii game that plays like HD game but looks worse".

And that's what EA is doing now, building their Wii games ground up. Crappy port of Need for Speed Shift? Nope, Ground up Need for Speed Nitro. Game that plays just like last years dead space but looks worse? Nope, Ground up Dead Space: Extraction. They've even announced that they're giving Madden it's own ground up Wii engine this year instead of using the PS2 engine again. Boom Blox Party, Grand Slam Tennis. EA is consistently announcing ground up, Wii mechanic utilizing and processor performance minded games. And the Wii will be much better off because of it.

All of this is pretty much what I would have said if you didn't say it first.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

well duh you have to rebuild it. The wiis graphics and interface and controls are way way different

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!