By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports: "Can't Port Down To Wii"

I just hope they focus on the gamer not the casual. The All Play is something that should really be an addon not the main theme of their sports game.

Tiger Woods and Maddne last year had the lamest covers ever compared to the other consoles.

Around the Network

Yes it's impossible that it could be the best game on the 360, because we all know games without the absolute best graphics can't be as fun >.>

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

well duh...

well, this is expected. Typically you always port from the weaker and more limited system to the stronger system. It is significantly easier that way if there are large changes in capabilities.

I mean, they can still port down, but it is so much work that you might as well build from the ground up and come out with a better product overall for around the same price.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Bull. Crap.

Around the Network
Batman...WTF? said:
Bull. Crap.

I'll further my point. I'm a developer, and whenever I do any work on multiple systems I always develope for the weakest first and then port up. It is always easier that way. Every time I've had to port down we ended up having system critical problems due to key features being missing that we had relied on the first time. I personally would never port down if I could avoid it, but we always get thrown random requests at the most inconvenient time (yay for working for the government)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
Batman...WTF? said:
Bull. Crap.

I'll further my point. I'm a developer, and whenever I do any work on multiple systems I always develope for the weakest first and then port up. It is always easier that way. Every time I've had to port down we ended up having system critical problems due to key features being missing that we had relied on the first time. I personally would never port down if I could avoid it, but we always get thrown random requests at the most inconvenient time (yay for working for the government)

I'm confused. Why'd you quote me?

Batman...WTF? said:
nordlead said:
Batman...WTF? said:
Bull. Crap.

I'm confused. Why'd you quote me?

no reason. Just because you came in here and stated that the original quote was crap

Guys, he's talking from a business standpoint. And he's talking about gameplay mechanics as much as graphics. There's only so much success you can have with "Wii game that plays like HD game but looks worse".

And that's what EA is doing now, building their Wii games ground up. Crappy port of Need for Speed Shift? Nope, Ground up Need for Speed Nitro. Game that plays just like last years dead space but looks worse? Nope, Ground up Dead Space: Extraction. They've even announced that they're giving Madden it's own ground up Wii engine this year instead of using the PS2 engine again. Boom Blox Party, Grand Slam Tennis. EA is consistently announcing ground up, Wii mechanic utilizing and processor performance minded games. And the Wii will be much better off because of it.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Soleron said:
What if they ported Super Mario Galaxy (I know they wouldn't) to the 360 or PS3. It wouldn't need a graphical upgrade as the graphics already suit the game perfectly, and it WOULD be the best game on the system.

It would not be even close to being the best game on 360.